Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Dumping JJ\'s... to soon to late?

na dude, i was completely screwin around. YOU need to stop taking things so personally. For a second there I thought you quoted your quote without seeing that in there at the end.
Anyone who uses the word attrocious, though, does deserve to shampoo my crotch. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2005, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Dumping JJ\'s... to soon to late?(RESULTS)

Final Pot: 24.25 BB

Results in white below:
UTG+1 has 5d 5s (three of a kind, fives).
Button has Kc Kd (one pair, kings).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 24.25 BB.

Appreciate the comments everyone. I knew I was going to get reemed for folding for one SB considering how large the pot was. I even knew it at the time but I said to myself F-it i'm beat. I also knew how mad I'd be if I hit my set on the turn.
One thing I'd like to know is if I call the last bet. What's my play on the last two streets? Call down unimproved if there are no overcards?
Old 06-05-2005, 01:01 AM

Folding to the cap was atrocious.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding to the cap was atrocious.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2005, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew I was going to get reemed for folding for one SB considering how large the pot was. I even knew it at the time but I said to myself F-it i'm beat. I also knew how mad I'd be if I hit my set on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That pretty much sums it up. In this case, even if your opponent had showed you his set and you know you have the worst hand, the pot odds force you to call the 1 last bet to try to suck out.

[ QUOTE ]
One thing I'd like to know is if I call the last bet. What's my play on the last two streets? Call down unimproved if there are no overcards?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You call the flop cap only because the pot is so bloated you're forced to stay in. The flop action tells you that you're behind, and on the turn you're no longer getting the correct odds to draw to your set. Fold the turn UI.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Button has Kc Kd (one pair, kings).

[/ QUOTE ]
Add button to your buddy list, that was a hideously overplayed overpair. UTG+1's flop check raise should have made it obvious that he was up against 2 pair or better.

[ QUOTE ]
I knew I was going to get reemed for folding for one SB considering how large the pot was. I even knew it at the time but I said to myself F-it i'm beat. I also knew how mad I'd be if I hit my set on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you're behind at this point but you have the odds to hit your set. If you do hit it on the turn then you are either ahead yourself or, if it's the Jh, then you may be behind to the flush but would still have 10 outs to the boat.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, if you don't get your jack then you need to fold. Depending on the betting you may just about be able to argue calling a single bet (e.g. if it was checked to button who bet and it was then one bet back to you to close the action). But with the Jh likely to give MP2 his flush then it would almost certainly be best to fold. As it was, with UTG+1 leading out and a likely raise from button you would have to fold without a second thought.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But the cap sold it for me if that makes any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point they are making is that no matter how sure you are...even if the guy showed you AA at this point, you have to call. You are getting odds to catch a J. I would have folded when it was two back to me.

And a question: When you cap preflop with JJ, what are you hoping for? If you're not capping JJ for set equity then this is a good flop for you. There is a disconnect here between the preflop and flop thinking. You were rolling with JJ pf and are now looking for a reason to get out. Where are we at here?