Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 08:15 AM

Default Re: PP jackpot

I'm not claiming Party is fixing the jackpot. I've only highlighted a combination of events that favour Party at these hard times for them.

However I'm seriously concerned on the deep belief of ppl here that ALL on-line sites are honest. Every time there is a post that attempts to question the integrity of on-line sites ppl get offended and attack furiously the poster.

So you are 100% sure that all or even the big sites are totally honest? I'm sorry but any of you that stand behind this are simply naive.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not claiming Party is fixing the jackpot. I've only highlighted a combination of events that favour Party at these hard times for them.

However I'm seriously concerned on the deep belief of ppl here that ALL on-line sites are honest. Every time there is a post that attempts to question the integrity of on-line sites ppl get offended and attack furiously the poster.

So you are 100% sure that all or even the big sites are totally honest? I'm sorry but any of you that stand behind this are simply naive.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've seen, the people who post "online poker is rigged" messages tend to get more and more stupid as the conversation goes on. It goes like:

"Poker is rigged! I lose with pocket aces way more than can be explained by random chance!"

Someone explains that players have done statistical analysis on databases of hundreds of thousands of hands and found no sign of anything being rigged.

The next reponse is:

"Maybe it's rigged in such a subtle way that it doesn't show up in statistical analysis!"

And everyone wonders, Why would a multibillion dollar company want to take the enormous risk of rigging the deck in order to slightly increase the rake in one hand out of 1000?

"Who knows, but I have a feeling that's what they're doing!"

Actually, I take back my original statement. The stupidity level is remaining constant here.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:09 AM

Last November on Election day, I was playing $3/6 BBJ table, flopped quad 10's, dude hit running 9's. Jackpot was around $80,000 at the time. 2 weeks later on a $5/10 jackpot table, dude had bottom end of a straight flush and another guy had the royal. I get $5000 for watching that one.

Also, I was playing $5/10 6 max a few months later and won a hand where I had a straight flush over straight flush (both of us using both hole cards). No jackpot of course, but it was a jackpot eligible hand if we had been playing on the BBJ tables.

I think you can search by my username for posts around November 2004 in the archives and find the hand histories.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your suggestion that Party is manipulating the cards in order to grow the BBJ is absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]
Absurd? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Don't take the unbearable responsibility of being 100% correct. Especially on something that you have minimum connection and knowledge. I mean you are not Dikshit, are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is absolutely absurd. Do you have any idea how difficult it would be to make those kind of adjustments to an RNG?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, there's a reason it's a Bad Beat Jackpot. I only have about 50k hands of poker under my belt but I've had quads a number of times and a straight flush several times (including two Royals!) and all those times I won and wasn't exactly up against someone with a hand that would've qualified for a BBJ. So I'm sure it is something that is pretty friggin hard to hit. Lose with Quad 8's or better, using both hole cards, what are the chances you even get a hand better than that and then someone else has to have an even better hand. Yeah I'm sure Party rigged it, because this should be hit every other day...

Oh and the official record according to Party is $739,621 which oddly enough was hit this year on my friggin birthday (Jan 14).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-14-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your suggestion that Party is manipulating the cards in order to grow the BBJ is absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]
Absurd? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Don't take the unbearable responsibility of being 100% correct. Especially on something that you have minimum connection and knowledge. I mean you are not Dikshit, are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is absolutely absurd. Do you have any idea how difficult it would be to make those kind of adjustments to an RNG?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think they rigged the jackpot, but the reason you are stating isn't very convincing. Sure, it would be hard to rig the RNG proper in this way, but changing the software using the RNG is easy. Basically, you write (in pseudocode):

IF(next card makes someone a too good second-best hand)
THEN disregard next card and draw a new one

Rigging complete. A more convincing reason would be that the risk is higher than the reward.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:34 AM

I was sat next to a guy with a huge stack in a SNG and he lost half his stack with 55 four of a kind on flop, the other guy runner runnered a straight flush after it went check check on the flop and again on the turn. Three hands later he again had 55 and flopped four of a kind got it all in on the flop and lost again to another straight flush. I'll forever remember him as the unluckiest guy on earth.

Mack
Old 10-14-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is because everytime some idiot posts about rigged online poker, they do so without any evidence whatsoever. Kinda like your post.

I've been visiting this forums for over 2 years. In that time:

Online Poker is rigged posts: 2000 (approx number).

Online Poker is rigged posts with anything resembling a shred of statistical evidence: 0 (exact number)
Old 10-14-2005, 12:01 PM

I got crushed flopping quad K's in 5/10, and beaten by a king high straight flush. I aint saying its rigged, I am sayin that sometimes crap happens. I also saw someone get runner runner threes to get quad threes and beat three kings. That was at a live game. The moral is: Its random, but that means sometimes wierdness happens.

The BBJ doesnt cost party crap. Its a free marketing tool. Why would they ever want to screw with it? Its free money for them.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:20 PM

I like to play the Jackpot tables as they are normally full of fish but the last couple of days they have tightened up a lot with all the more serious players taking a shot.

I prefer to play them when the JP is <$40K
Old 10-14-2005, 12:40 PM

Defense of online poker is quite understandable. Many posters here are 100% involved, their lives ARE online poker. To suggest they are dupes is untenable, not allowed, so they must defend it. It's a truly human emotional response.

Im 100% convinced some of them ARE dupes. Which ones? I dunno.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bump this since the JP is still growing. And another coincidence: the weekend is coming. Do you want to bet if it will be won this w/end? I better find some good tables

[/ QUOTE ]

the Powerball is still growing, is that rigged??

just go back to bluff-raising LPP's on the turn with J2high