Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 07:44 AM

Default Re: What should I expect from my bankroll growth ?

[ QUOTE ]

So far, since I got home (was at the lake the last two days) I have had my aggressiveness in check (although I just got the short end of the stick - some "person" raised PF on the button with T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the round ended up four betting, with 6 of us in the pot ... I had K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and was already in the pot for two bets when it came back to me at 4 bets - considering it was only 20c I figured ok...

Flop came 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the betting was fast and furious to the river, where captain insano revealed his T9 (he made his flush on the river, but had called 4 bets EVERY round to the river with nothing but mid pair and a flush draw - did he have odds ? I don't care - I want to throttle him for raising PF and helping cap the betting every round at 4 bets with that hand lol ...)

[/ QUOTE ]

He played that hand better than you did.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:51 AM

I could swear till i'm blue in the face that in my experience poker tracker has been the #1 tool in allowing suckouts and bad beats become water off a ducks back.

Take your A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] example. Now once upon a time i would have been upset that happened, but due to the wonders of PT that one hand does no matter.

Hell, my Win % with AQs is 47%. 53% of the time i have been dealt it, i've missed the flop or i've been sucked out, but none of that matters in the long term because my statistics show i am still winning $$.

To be honest i do not care (easy to say in theory) if my Win % was 1% as long as that column stays green.

It's great that these people suck out on you and myself. It reinforces the bad plays in their mind as a rewarding experience and next time they repeat it it may or may not work, but in the long run you win.

One other thing, your comment about it being only 20c. That's an attitude i've watched my brother display and then he wonders why he loses back what he has won and only breaks even clearing bonuses etc. You need to have respect for your money and in my experience those who have won money via free rolls etc are more inclinded to risk it on a gamble because it was never their own money to begin with.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So far, since I got home (was at the lake the last two days) I have had my aggressiveness in check (although I just got the short end of the stick - some "person" raised PF on the button with T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the round ended up four betting, with 6 of us in the pot ... I had K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and was already in the pot for two bets when it came back to me at 4 bets - considering it was only 20c I figured ok...

Flop came 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the betting was fast and furious to the river, where captain insano revealed his T9 (he made his flush on the river, but had called 4 bets EVERY round to the river with nothing but mid pair and a flush draw - did he have odds ? I don't care - I want to throttle him for raising PF and helping cap the betting every round at 4 bets with that hand lol ...)

[/ QUOTE ]

we don't ahve all the details of the hand, but raising a hand like JTs, T9s, or 87s OTB after a 3+ limpers is far from a bad play .. putting in 4bets preflop with K7s though almost always is. and folding T9s with the 4flush with that flop would be terrible, sorry your 2pair lost, it happens a lot, start getting used to this, if you want to succeed at poker.

[ QUOTE ]
The very next hand, he calls my preflop raise - I am holding A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG and raise, he calls 2 bets cold, and on the river I find out he is holding 84o and managed to pair them both on the flop...

[/ QUOTE ]

keep crying .. but if you can't see why you want him calling with 84o, think about it some more

So you see what I am up against - these guys aren't loose -they are suicidal...

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, yeah - wait til I catch em - they will pay - BUT THEY LEAVE THE TABLE BEFORE I DO! lol

hmm.. he hasn't left yet - maybe I'll get lucky tonight [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

ok, just got $1 back - maybe this will keep up [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

besides, I am up from $10 to $11.50 at the moment anyway (was at almost $13 before captain insano caught me with his flush draw)

[/ QUOTE ]

captain insano might be insane based off of the 84o hand, but likely played the T9s pretty well, given the little info I had about the hand, and stop thinking you will get people to fold FD's it won't happen
Old 09-09-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for your criticism and otherwise completely pointless post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry if I offended you, but all I see in your posts is whining about how poorly other people play, drawing out on you and stuff like that.

Hopefully you'll get to where you want to be soon enough.
Donkey Kong [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand how what I have been saying must come across, but I understand "bad beats" - I understand that poker is just one long unending session. I understand that the person who can ignore the bad will reap the rewards of the good. I make notes on my opponents when they make those bad plays because I know that the next time I am in a pot with them, I am more likely to have the winning hand, because they are bad players.

I was just "whining" here because I need a place to vent. I don't know anyone who plays poker and have nowhere else to vent. I felt the need to share because at least here people have a clue as to what I am talking about.

Thank you for your thoughtful post - I do appreciate the psychology and 99 times out of 100 I just smile at a "bad beat" and take it in stride, knowing that the next time, I will be raking in the money (I especially loved Joe Tall's bad beat post where he buys the bed and TV - I get the point, honest!)

Thanks again!
Old 09-09-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He played that hand better than you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I know - normally I would fold K7s preflop in that position... but it was only one bet from a table of limpers when it got to me, and two of the raisers were people who raised with nothing, just because they can raise - so I thought I had nothing to fear, and had I not flopped 2 pair, I would have let it go (besides, I probably had the best hand all the way to the river...) but then there were 5 callers in there - that turned out to be almost a $6 pot, so noone could let it go (yes, that was at the .05/.10 table) so I don't blame the guy for sticking around, I was just frustrated, and since I can't vent my frustration at the table, I came here to do that.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we don't ahve all the details of the hand, but raising a hand like JTs, T9s, or 87s OTB after a 3+ limpers is far from a bad play .. putting in 4bets preflop with K7s though almost always is. and folding T9s with the 4flush with that flop would be terrible, sorry your 2pair lost, it happens a lot, start getting used to this, if you want to succeed at poker.

[ QUOTE ]
The very next hand, he calls my preflop raise - I am holding A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG and raise, he calls 2 bets cold, and on the river I find out he is holding 84o and managed to pair them both on the flop...

[/ QUOTE ]

keep crying .. but if you can't see why you want him calling with 84o, think about it some more

So you see what I am up against - these guys aren't loose -they are suicidal...

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, yeah - wait til I catch em - they will pay - BUT THEY LEAVE THE TABLE BEFORE I DO! lol

hmm.. he hasn't left yet - maybe I'll get lucky tonight [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

ok, just got $1 back - maybe this will keep up [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

besides, I am up from $10 to $11.50 at the moment anyway (was at almost $13 before captain insano caught me with his flush draw)

[/ QUOTE ]

captain insano might be insane based off of the 84o hand, but likely played the T9s pretty well, given the little info I had about the hand, and stop thinking you will get people to fold FD's it won't happen

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand - please see a previous response - I was just venting (yes he was captain insano because of the 84o and other hands I saw him play)