Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Bodog says changes are coming

[ QUOTE ]
They might feel that anything that educates and makes the players better, might make them stay longer. Then that means they contribute rake for a longer period.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose they might, but I think it's equally likely that proving to the fish that they are fish is a good way to get rid of the fish which will in turn get rid of the sharks.

Given two potential outcomes with a roughly equal chance of occurring, one of which costs money, and one of which doesn't, which do you choose?
Old 09-20-2005, 05:01 PM

How people would use the new tools available to them is open to debate. I doubt it would make them feel like fish though. I think it would definately help them develop better skills and therefore would make them more competitive, giving them a higher chance to succeed and play longer.

Regardless, this is only speculation. However, if this was done, the marketing coup would be huge IMO. It would be the only online poker site offering this new tool to the masses free of charge. Considering the cost of acquiring and retaining new players, the modest extra cost to incorporate this extra would be nominal if it does indeed attract interested players and keep newly retained players longer.

But like I said, this is only speculation on my part. But it is something I've suggested many times to sites. I believe it will be the way of the future anyways, so the site that does it first will have a huge marketing advantage over those that come later. But who knows.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:09 PM

<<I hate saying this as I would prefer more 2ers stay away, but this is completely inaccurate. Emails are responded to within 15 minutes, and when I call I get a live American male dude to answer my questions. It's better support than I've gotten from Empire VIP. >>
I had some issues on Bodog while on vacation cashing out, but it was resolved by working thru their support. They communicated well . . . we disagreed somewhat . . .they gave in. Althought we had a "disagreeable" phone call, everything worked out and they were very approachable and helpful.
Les
Old 09-20-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<<I hate saying this as I would prefer more 2ers stay away, but this is completely inaccurate. Emails are responded to within 15 minutes, and when I call I get a live American male dude to answer my questions. It's better support than I've gotten from Empire VIP. >>
I had some issues on Bodog while on vacation cashing out, but it was resolved by working thru their support. They communicated well . . . we disagreed somewhat . . .they gave in. Althought we had a "disagreeable" phone call, everything worked out and they were very approachable and helpful.
Les

[/ QUOTE ]

I've also had pleasant experiences dealing with their support. Not ready to put them on Stars' level, but their way better than Party.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ayre says that the "Bodog Interface" will create a paradigm shift that will likely cause ripples through the industry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently they've invented a poker playing Segway People mover.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:32 PM

it'll be something toss like webcams - forget all the poker tracker stuff - it will definitely be something gimmicky that will get them maximum publicity
Old 09-20-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it'll be something toss like webcams - forget all the poker tracker stuff - it will definitely be something gimmicky that will get them maximum publicity

[/ QUOTE ]

Webcams with the topless Bodog girls dealing? Hmm, maybe they meant it would send 'nipples' not ripples throughout the industry.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:46 PM

AMEN
Old 09-20-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Webcams with the topless Bodog girls dealing? Hmm, maybe they meant it would send 'nipples' not ripples throughout the industry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I think you might well have just stumbled on the answer. Imagine the drunken fish continuously reloading just so they can get the cards dealt by the dolly birds [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2005, 08:22 PM

That idea is friggin scary, god I hope not.