Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 10:33 AM

Default 30/60 75s

UTG is 51/35/1.1 over 81 hands.
Button is big LAG too from the few hands Iīve seen.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

River: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 12-10-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: 30/60 75s

Fold the flop for 2 bets. You may have 5 maximum outs, plus your backdoor, which makes 1.5 more, but if you discount at all, you will see you dont have the odds. Having this get 3-bet would also suck.

The rest of the hand seems fine.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the flop for 2 bets. You may have 5 maximum outs, plus your backdoor, which makes 1.5 more, but if you discount at all, you will see you dont have the odds. Having this get 3-bet would also suck.

The rest of the hand seems fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I still may have the best hand on the flop. Its the perfect flop to bluff at. Q53r, rarely any draws, Q cuts off overcards. Any pair is really good here but I dont want to pay so much to find out. This spot really blows against aggressives..
Old 12-10-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This spot really blows against aggressives..

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that hard. Fold. There is no point to try and figure out if your crappy pair is good against LAGs.

Krishan
Old 12-10-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This spot really blows against aggressives..

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that hard. Fold. There is no point to try and figure out if your crappy pair is good against LAGs.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I was just being resultsoriented. I would have called the river against one but I thought an overcall cant be right. Both had bottom pair so I folded the best hand.

So with the info I have about them now after the hand I thought I could call the flop. If you know they are capable of betting and raising the flop with bottom pair, do you still fold it?
Old 12-10-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So with the info I have about them now after the hand I thought I could call the flop. If you know they are capable of betting and raising the flop with bottom pair, do you still fold it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

It is just too expensive, we could easily be dominated, our outs may not be good. We are ahead sometimes, but it costs way too much to find out if we are.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:42 PM

As others have said, I don't really like the flop call. I think folding there is best.

If you are really set on continuing on that flop, a better line may be to lead into UTG, hoping he raises with overcards (or bottom pair) and clears the field for you.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

It is just too expensive, we could easily be dominated, our outs may not be good. We are ahead sometimes, but it costs way too much to find out if we are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. This just isn't the way to beat LAGs. Don't be results oriented. Just play well.

Krishan
Old 12-10-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. This just isn't the way to beat LAGs. Don't be results oriented. Just play well.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it was my first day at 30 60 and I probably overadjusted a bit. Still was the best day so far though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Itīs tough to get your middle hands to showdown against 2 LAGs but you get paid off enough on your strong hands to make up for that.
Flop call was bad, thanks for your input, guys.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:14 PM

blows that you already posted results, but do not fold this river as standard

when a LAG checks behind on the button after a bluffable scarecard hits, he can't usually beat bottom pair [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]