Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Hiring people to play poker, setting up a company

Here's a random idea I wanted to bring up to see what people have to say about it. Be as critical as you want, I'm definitely open to hear reasons why it would or wouldn't work:

Set up a proprietary poker company in a third world country where the typical income is low, and hire and train people to play low limit hold 'em online. You would have to lease a building, buy computers and furniture, set up a corporation, get internet/phone access and pay people to sit there for however many hours a day. I'm sure some type of profit sharing plan could be set up as well, but obviously all the income would be from their profits in poker. I have absolutely NO idea what these kinds of expenses would amount to, and whether or not you could turn a profit, so I'd like to hear comments, suggestions, opinions, etc. Also, maybe there are some of you who might be willing to partner up with me on this? It's obviously just an idea at this point but I'm very open to the possibility of going ahead with it if I had enough confidence in the business plan, and I have enough money to fund it. I've been beating limit hold 'em for several years and I think I'm capable of teaching someone the necessary skills. I also think I'd be a good judge of character in recruiting people. OK, what do you think? I need serious feedback.