Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 04:10 AM

Default WSOP percentage calculator

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in software that functions like the WSOP percentage of winning calculator except not as accurate since it wouldn't know what hands other people have. It would basically work like this:

(I will use as an example KK as our hole cards)
1) Preflop
a) Calculate the percentage that your hole cards are better than everybody else's by simulating 100,000 hands (more or less) in which our hole cards are KK and everyone else's cards are randomly distributed. Calculate how many times other players have better hole cards (AA etc ... ). This is the percentage that you have a better hand than everyone else.
b) Calculate the percentage that you will win by the river by simulating 100,000 hands with random flop, turn, and river and seeing how many times you win.

2) Flop
a) Figure out the percentage that you currently have the best hand
b) Figure out the percentage that you will have the best hand on the turn
c) Figure out the percentage that you will win on the river

All these using same methods as above.

3) Turn
a) Figure out the percentage that you currently have the best hand
b) Figure out the percentage that you will win on the river

4) River
a) Figure out the percentage that you will win on the river with all 5 cards on the table and your KK

I was wondering why there is no commercial software, or any that I know of that does this. I was also wondering how effective it would be to use this in conjunction with pot odds. I know that the pot odds will not be perfect since when you are under the gun you usually wont know how many people are in the hand. You can keep track of the average number of players in the hand and use this when you dont know how many players will be in the hand in early position. In the long run using pot odds someone would come out ahead using this program right? This would especially be useful in microlimits since you are grinding out odds right?
Old 10-14-2005, 08:14 AM

Default Re: WSOP percentage calculator

wsop what?

http://pokerstove.com/
Old 10-14-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: WSOP percentage calculator

The Showdown Calculator included in Poki's Poker Academy pretty much does exactly this. You can select your starting hand, the number of opponents, the cards your opponents have (or just let them have random hands), any of the cards on the board (or just leave them at random cards). You can then tell it to run anywhere from 100,000 to 5,000,000 simulations with that setup and it will tell you what percentage of the time your hand will win, tie, and lose.