Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2005, 12:37 PM

Default 2 situations

I'm still getting used to a deep stack, and I find that I'm a bit hesitant to contest large pots with only moderately strong hands when I'm new to the table. Is this normal?

Hand 1:
Hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on button
-- UTG opens 2xBB, 2 calls, hero raises to 9xBB, UTG calls, others fold.

Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (pot 21)
-- UTG Donkbets 10$, hero calls

Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
-- UTG bets 21$, Hero calls

River 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
-- UTG checks, hero checks

-- Did I play this too passively? Without a note on the guy, I didn't want to go crazy with just TPTK. Value bet the river? I thought he had KJ/KQ.

Situation 2
-- UTG limps, Hero raises from mp to 5xBB with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], BB raises to 11xBB, hero calls

Flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](pot 22)
-- BB bets 10$, hero folds.

-- I think I should have called that bet, because it really did look like AK. But at the same time, I had a weak overpair against an unknown in a pot that would likely grow very large on later streets. Was folding weak-tight?