Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 07:20 PM

Default Everybody said this sucked

Button is fishy and stupid, relatively passive but not overly dumb. I mean dumb like calling down on a 3 to a straight board with a bottom end of a gutshot and an overcard dumb, but I'm sure he's able to occasionally wipe his ass.

The turn card dictates my river action.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.66 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks...

Final Pot: A MILLION
Old 11-24-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Everybody said this sucked

I don't like it because I think it could also get checked through. Another benefit to betting is that he may be slowplaying his ace, and will raise the river, allowing for a 3-bet.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:23 PM

Considering that no 8 or 7 is raising the flop, and he's not on an ace, I can't possibly fathom why it would get checked through.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:26 PM

I dont think a 7 or 8 is betting if he is passive. The only hand which will bet is a flush. However you might get lucky and get 3-bet should he have the flush. I am leaning towards a bet here but god knows I CR too little.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Considering that no 8 or 7 is raising the flop, and he's not on an ace, I can't possibly fathom why it would get checked through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, but he also wouldn't bluff so you missing an opportunity to 3 bet.

I'd 3 bet the flop. You know he'll call. After 3 betting the flop and leading the turn then you can try a cr on non heart river.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:29 PM

uggg this is not great.

i take it you were trying to bet/3-bet the turn? this pretty risky when you have a very easy CR to go for.

and then the river check given youve donked the turn? i just cant really make any sense of your line at all really.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:33 PM

I think you got way too fancy here in just calling the flop raise. It just really doesn't seem right that you only actively got 2 big bets on a flopped set, four handed.
I would personally ram and jam.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:37 PM

well the flop call, planning to CR the turn is pretty standard for me, and im guessing this is what the OP was going for.

but then the 2nd A has made him alter this plan, when i think he should have stuck with it.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well the flop call, planning to CR the turn is pretty standard for me, and im guessing this is what the OP was going for.

but then the 2nd A has made him alter this plan, when i think he should have stuck with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I often do this too going for the raise on the turn but another Ace falling should make you go Whoopy! here comes some action, not: hey I think I'll donk the turn.
If he doesn't have an ace he might think you don't have one either now that the second one shows up and if he does have an ace he might 3 bet you if his kicker is good. Either way the second ace on the turn means only good things for my c/r attempt.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no 8 or 7 is raising the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about to ask "why not?", but then I realize that the answer is that he cold called preflop.

[ QUOTE ]
he's not on an ace

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think he is either, but there is a chance that he is trying to slowplay. Some guys like that.

I guess most PP raise the flop, or turn, but if they are too scared to do that, I guess they might check behind the river, yet would call a bet.

If he is on the flush draw, you definetly get money by checking.