Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Paradise killing anybody else?

For the love of Mike, it's so slow! I get in, maybe, 2/3 of the hands per hour that I get anywhere else. And I know it CAN go faster, since today when I was HU with an all-in preflop, it threw all 5 streets down at once, gave me the money and swept the table so fast that I almost didn't even get to see what my winning hand was.

Is it the players?
Old 09-13-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Paradise killing anybody else?

[ QUOTE ]
For the love of Mike, it's so slow! I get in, maybe, 2/3 of the hands per hour that I get anywhere else. And I know it CAN go faster, since today when I was HU with an all-in preflop, it threw all 5 streets down at once, gave me the money and swept the table so fast that I almost didn't even get to see what my winning hand was.

Is it the players?

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel your pain. It's mostly software IMO, altho
the players also seem slow, as if drunk, sometimes.

Clearing 10X bonus at Paradise 3-tabling takes twice
as long as anyplace else with 4 tabling.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:42 PM

I withdrew all my money after I cleared the last bonus, and I don't plan on returning. The slowness of the games was bad, but the hidden tables in the lobby was the last straw. I'd log in and not see a single 5/10 table listed most of the time, and maybe if I left it open long enough, a couple would appear. If they can't get something as simple as that working, they can go to hell.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:48 PM

Yeah: what's up with the hidden tables? Is it a glitch, or do they do it on purpose?
Old 09-13-2005, 05:49 PM

What you describe is either the software or your computer moving slowly, not the players. I haven't been there in years, but I hear the software is awfully slow.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What you describe is either the software or your computer moving slowly, not the players. I haven't been there in years, but I hear the software is awfully slow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can guarantee that it's not my computer. As far as the software is concerned, as I said, HU with an all-in preflop, all 5 cards came out and were taken away so fast I could hardly see what my winning hand looked like. It actually seems like they might not have enough bandwidth between their servers and the world.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:08 PM

It's slow and I think it is because they started to advertise on TV and are getting a lot of new players. I say this because it seems that the slowness really coincided with the advertising. In any case I took all my money out a couple of weeks ago.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:15 PM

it's because when players download the software it automatically optimises graphics and sound. This causes big slow down and I would imagine that other players having this turned on makes a big difference in playing time
Old 09-13-2005, 06:23 PM

The software is dead slow. While I cleared my signup bonus, I 3-tabled there and still had time to read 2+2.

The tradeoff is the really bad players (they're doing a large amount of TV advertising for their million-dollar freeroll). Their SNGs are filled with people who have only two bet sizes: the minimum, and all-in.

Actually, this leads me to a thought: is it possible that they DESIGNED their software to keep games dead slow, so that the good players go elsewhere? Might be along the same lines as Pacific's one-table limit.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, this leads me to a thought: is it possible that they DESIGNED their software to keep games dead slow, so that the good players go elsewhere? Might be along the same lines as Pacific's one-table limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? No. Slower games equals less rake per hour.