Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Is Party NUTS?

Hi,

Remember a couple of weeks ago... the JAN05CASHOUT1 bonus where some of us got $100 added to our real money accounts with a 1000 raked hand restriction?

Well, I know that some people had this bonus automatically removed by Party... and some of us got to keep it for some reason. Well I was one of the guys who got to keep it... so that $100 is still sitting in my account waiting for me to play with it.

The thing is... I’ve decided that I don’t want to play a 10X bonus. It’s just too many hands for that $100.

So today I called Party to have it removed. And the reason I wanted it removed was because it doesn’t expire until Feb 12th. That would mean that I would miss out on any other reload bonuses that came along between now and then. And chances are that the reload would be 7X raked hands, which I’d prefer.

Anyway...

On the phone they told me that this bonus, being a cashout restricted bonus could NOT be removed. So I mentioned that I had some ‘friends’ who actually had this bonus removed without even requesting it. So I told the guy that that would seem to prove that the bonus could be removed. He said he’d check with a supervisor... so he put me on hold.

The supervisor actually got on the phone with me a confirmed that this bonus could not be removed from my account.

“okay” I said. Well let me ask you another question... HERE’S THE CRAZY PART.

I said, “All I really want is to have the bonus removed. But you’re telling me that you can’t remove it. So... what happens if I decide to play with the $100 you’ve placed in my account and lose it all?” I actually have $.90 cents of my own money in there, so the balance right now is $100.90. $100 is there money... $.90 cents is mine.

Here’s what he told me. (I made him repeat it three times just to make sure he was certain.)

He said...

If you lose the whole $100, then on Feb. 12 when the bonus expires, Party will remove any money remaining in my account up to $100. He said that would include any deposits I made between now and the 12th.

So I said...

What if I play with ‘your’ $100... lose it all... and deposit nothing between now and the 12th?

He said...

We would remove the $.90 cents that would be in there.

I said...

Okay. What if I deposit money on the 13th? Will Party take $100 from it?

He said...

NO! Party will only remove money that is in there... up to the 12th. Once that bonus expires, it’s over. From that point on they will not in any way attempt to recoup their $100.

So the last thing I said was...

“Doesn’t that sound crazy to you? I’m calling right now asking you to remove the bonus from the account. If you do... then you get to keep your $100. If you don’t do this for me today... then I can get online and ‘play away’ YOUR $100. Wouldn’t you just rather remove the bonus?

He said...

Sorry... we just can’t do it. And then, on his own, he recapped everything he had said and ended up saying once again that they could not and would not touch any money I deposited after the bonus expired on the 12th.

Unbelievable huh?

I guess I’ll decide to believe him... and go hit a $2/$4 table like I’ve always wanted... to see if I hit a good run. (I’ve only ever played .50/1.

Your comments are welcome about this.

But for the record... my intention... even at the end of the call... was to simply get them to remove the $100 they had given me. Now it seems like I’ll be forced into trying to win some RISK FREE money.

Kindly,
EZ
Old 01-19-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Is Party NUTS?

Are you nuts?

Take the damn money.

Orange
Old 01-19-2005, 04:52 PM

Yeh . . . I'm not sure that it is Party that is the nut in this case.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] busguy

Old 01-19-2005, 04:58 PM

Why not play 10x bonus if your limit is 0.5/1? It's still $6.7 / 100 hands, better than any rakeback deal available for your limit. Or 1/2. Or even at 2/4.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:59 PM

How dare they give you $100 for free...the nerve of them
Old 01-19-2005, 05:03 PM

I think Party is making so much money that they just don't care that much about these bonii. Once I deposit again this evening, I will have received $485 in bonii money already this month just from Party. They must be making a mint to give out that kind of money to a small-time player like me.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:10 PM

Well he doesn't really get to if he can't finish the hands in time.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:24 PM

go play some 5/10 hands...or a couple 15/30 hands...or the $200NL and push on the first pocket pair you get.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:24 PM

And what's to say this guy isn't wrong? What are you going to do if they DO take the money out of your account. At empire I deposited AFTER one of these expired and they removed the $10 from my deposit the next time which was 3-4 months later...

Might want to think carefully about how strong the word (VOICE not written especially) of one party poker rep is.

Good Luck at the tables!
Old 01-19-2005, 05:39 PM

The last time that happened to me, about 6-8 months ago or so, I just the entire money, and they never took it away from future deposits. I'm thus planning to enter something like a $109 tournament or sng, and see how I do.