Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 08:37 PM

Default 7 Card Stud High ($3/$6) - any mistakes

Just wanted to see how many play this differently. 6th is unclear to me, his hand his very defined, yet the dead diamonds plus my redraw convinced me to bet it.

thanks - Mac

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $1 (converter)

Seat 1: $64
Seat 2: $170.50
Seat 4: $183.91
Seat 6: $448
Hero: $177
Seat 8: $76.68

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (2.67 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (5.33 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (11.33 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises

River - (17.33 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks___raises___raises
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets___raises___calls

Total pot: (25.33 BB)
Old 11-22-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Re: 7 Card Stud High ($3/$6) - any mistakes

I actually would reraise 6th with the dead diamonds. You may be ahead and you have great drawout potential if not. Plus you charge the hell out of 6th. Not betting 6th would be criminal.

4th and 5th are interesting. On 4th, the raise is obv and 5th is also seemingly obv though it seems like you're charging yourself. I probably do the same thing though cause eliminating people is important obviously.

Jeff
Old 11-22-2005, 08:49 PM

Default Re: 7 Card Stud High ($3/$6) - any mistakes

Let me see, where do I start.

3rd: I usually come in for a full bet when i have a big pair in the hole unless there are 2 overcards to my pair. I don't think coming in for just the bring-in is that bad, but you don't want to get a multi-way pot with these kings which is what happened.

4th: Raising is correct to try to knock some players out. Since the guy with the ace showing didn't raise 3rd, you can't put him on aces just yet.

5th: I think you should call here. I know this sounds passive but think for a second. You can be pretty sure the guy has atleast aces right now, so you are gonna have to improve to win. Now hands like 4 flushes or open ended straights are gonna call your 2 bets anyways, the only hands you might knock out are pairs lower than kings. Since you have to improve anyhow, you don't mind them staying in there. They only hurt you when they hit trips not when they make 2 pair.
6th: Everything looks fine.

7th: Good fold. I would call 1 bet from the 3 flush but when someone raises what looks like a flush, you can almost be 100% sure 3 kings aren't good.