Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Did I play this correctly?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB
Old 09-30-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Did I play this correctly?

What hand did you put villain on? If he's betting a draw, he's folding. If he's betting a 9 or a 4, you lose. If he's betting nothing, he folds. If he's got a higher PP, he's winning. I think I'd be inclined to check/call to induce a bluff.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:59 PM

I'd check/raise the flop here but I think 3-betting preflop is probably a better move.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:59 PM

Hmm, interesting.. and I've been into the Stella's all afternoon making this more interesting...

Do you have any reads on CO? If he raises a lot of hands, I'd go for a check raise on the flop to get this heads up. And of course if he 3-bets you, it'll be easier to let it go. Maybe I'd just check/raise this against most players

Without reads I'm tempted to do a WA/WB type line, but I really don't think it's appropriate as there are a ton of cards that can hurt us.

I guess I'm more curious as to why you bet the river. I know, you filled in, but it looks like you're giving CO credit for a hand until this point, which would mean he has you beat still. So I think given your play, check/call the river again. You'll get one more bet when he decides to fire another on with overcards, and you'll lose only when when he has you beat. I'm not sure how many times he'll call this bet with the worst hand.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:01 PM

I don't get the river donkbet. I think Villain is more likely to fire a final bluff with UI overcards than he is to call a donkbet with just A-high (or whatever), so you don't win an extra bet when you're ahead. Better hands aren't folding, but are frequently raising, and i would rather get to showdown than fold to a river raise. Just check/call.

The rest is fine. There might be an argument for 3-betting preflop, but OOP (and readless) i'd rather just call here.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd check/raise the flop here but I think 3-betting preflop is probably a better move.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. You don't know the other villain was going to fold. You bet, he calls, PFR raises, you three bet, everyone calls... Now what?

Not that I think it's incorrect, I'm just looking for justification. I think three betting will change the way this plays out significantly, so what are you doing on later streets?
Old 09-30-2005, 09:24 PM

This is a great flop for 88 and we'd like to fold out QJ or whatever the guy in the middle may have.

Preflop I think we should 3-bet (but it's close as we're OOP), not on the flop.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:24 PM

I like your line with everything but the river donkbet. Unfortunately, I'd do the same thing fearing it being checked behind. Oh no.

On the donkbet we are getting re-raised with too many hands that beat us. And like stated before, most all the hands we're ahead of that would raise pre-flop are UI overs that are going to fold anyway.

I often get donkbet and value bet confused. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Well played.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:26 PM

if you're gonna donk that river then c/r the turn instead because you're only folding UI overcards or getting raised by a better hand.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:45 PM

I didn't have any significant read as I was multi-tabling and I seem to recall that this was a relatively new player to this table.

Three betting pre-flop seems a overly optimistic to me. I can see playing the flop with a check-raise, but I was just reading "if you're going to call, it's just as well to lead out...," which is the same reason I bet out on the river. Check calling makes more sense. Thanks for the input!