Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Just got the following e-mail from my affiliate... bad news. (party)

This is what he sent me (and everyone else that uses him as an affiliate):

"Up.. Down.. Up.. Down.. What can I say? Party poker JUST had a meeting to discuss rakeback and whether to allow us to do it. I had a DONE DEAL this morning.. I mean it was DONE and I was creating codes for everyone.. We were ready to switch over to the new site and everything.

I then get a phone call 5 mins before sending out codes to everyone STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP dont send out codes.

I say what? Well the heads at party poker are having a meeting... we'll call you within an hour to tell you what the result was.

Phone rings 5 mins ago.. Sorry, it appears Party is reversing its course and NOT allowing rakeback of any kind. They will give the final information tomorrow, but it appears rakeback at party poker is OFFICIALLY DEAD.

If I hear anything, you'll be the first to know.. "
Old 10-11-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Just got the following e-mail from my affiliate... bad news. (party)

Got the same one... wow we have the same affiliate.

damn it... no way in hell I'm playing at Party with no RB. Hopefully if enough people do this they will learn from their mistakes. Time to learn how to play turbos on Stars...
Old 10-11-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Just got the following e-mail from my affiliate... bad news. (party)

That sucks..
Old 10-11-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rakeback at party poker is OFFICIALLY DEAD.

[/ QUOTE ]

cant say i'm one bit surprised
Old 10-11-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Just got the following e-mail from my affiliate... bad news. (part

I IM'd him and he said "they figure that players will switch back to them rakeback or not"
Old 10-11-2005, 01:43 PM

I have the same affiliate, looks like RB is over
Old 10-11-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I IM'd him and he said "they figure that players will switch back to them rakeback or not"

[/ QUOTE ]

well its true, isn't it? If only one of them goons over there wouldve surfed two plus two a bit for some inventory on the matter, they would've seen everybody is just sitting on their money waiting to transfer it back to party. Only thing that has been holding players back, is to see wether there was a good deal to be made by waiting it out, not about wether they should go back to party or another site.

Hell for all we know, the naysayers swung the yaysayers with some printouts of the talk at this forum. Now if that were true, that would be some kick-in-your-balls irony wouldn't it [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

ps. this norb, is costing me, a 3/6 player, a LOT OF income. That really really sux [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 01:51 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

who is this affiliate out of curiosity
Old 10-11-2005, 01:54 PM

Same affiliate also. What to do...?
Old 10-11-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hell for all we know, the naysayers swung the yaysayers with some printouts of the talk at this forum. Now if that were true, that would be some kick-in-your-balls irony wouldn't it [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubtful. If party was interested in giving rakeback they would not have first killed it on their site then killed the skins that offer it. It is pretty obvious they never have wanted to do it and were probably gonna pull a bait and switch on us if they decided to do it, say 4 months from now. That being said I am still holding out hope.