Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2005, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Mutlitabling

Most of the lag at games is from internet connections. I have a wireless connection and it randomly decideds to go out on me, causing me to miss hands or I get to it right before time is up.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:23 PM

Default LOSERS??

OK , so far everybody who've replied basically says that multitabling is definitly more profitable. I am willing to try.....but I got 2 questions:

1) Does everybody who multitables have a monitor that can support seeing all the tables at once or do some of u flip back and forth between 4 or more tables?
2)Are there any unsuccessful multitablers out there?? I mean are there any single table winners out there who tried multitabling, then saw their profits go way down and went back to single tabling?
Old 02-12-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: LOSERS??

My monitor only does 1280x1024, so I normally play 2-3 tables at a time because the overlap with 4 gets too distracting for me. I couldn't imagine more than 4 with that resolution. I'd misclick like crazy I'm sure.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:57 PM

I used to 4-table with 1280x1024. Arrangerd and seated properly on Party/Skins, you can see your cards, the action buttons, The flop cards on all 4 tables and the rest of the board on the two tables on top. I don't think it presented many problems.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:11 PM

I play four tables on 1162x854. It's not that bad, although I'm sure when I finally get a new monitor I won't beleive I went this long (over a year) without. There is lots of overlap, but lucky the party screens flash and pop up so I know when I'm up. Pokerroom doesn't do this and that sucked, both for me and everyone else at my table.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Mutlitabling

Here's a n00b question: when should one start multitabling? As soon as they feel comfortable playing one table at whatever bankroll they one is at? I have to admit, sitting there and folding 80%+ of your hands can get really boring at times (expecially where you have a run of crap hands for a couple hours), but if I overextend myself at this point it'll be peace out to my bankroll.

(It's not the hardware I'm worried about -- I have dual 19" monitors on my PC; I just wish it didn't take up my whole desk, heh.)

-K