Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-31-2005, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Posting some of my own hands tonight:

paul,

What do you mean 'one of those situations that curtains recently discovered is a push if it's suited..'?!?

Also, just post what you think the best way to handle the situation is.....it's dumb to attempt to 'guess' an 'answer' based on who posted it....

Yes, I said it, it's dumb. The reason I bring it up is in a diff thread tonight curtains basically ended up posting nonsense - instead of his usual more decisive and/or to the point answer - mainly b/c he was on some level 3 or 4 'who posted this' thinking sh!t. It's retarded. We're not being scored on our advice and/or analysis....we're just trying to think about more hand situations and get better.

So just look at the damn hand and play it how you think it should be played given the information. If you have no idea, then don't post or say 'I have no idea.' Or I guess say something ridiculously hilarious ( [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) or post some hot chick ( [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ).

Yugoslav
Old 12-31-2005, 04:18 AM

That's not really true. You go from a 50/30/20/0 bubble to a 30/10/0 bubble, and the sort of "thank god I'm ITM calls" mentioned earlier are very bad ideas.

I'll go with fold on the curtains hand. Big stack will be quite loose, if you fold next hand shorty puts 1/3 of his stack in(I think, if I'm reading the HH wrong then never mind).
Old 12-31-2005, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

SORRY SORRY, I wrote it wrong, PkrStudent folded first to act. I changed it now

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. Hmm...what the hell, I'd probably push now since I'm going to be in the BB next hand.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

SORRY SORRY, I wrote it wrong, PkrStudent folded first to act. I changed it now

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. Hmm...what the hell, I'd probably push now since I'm going to be in the BB next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you? that's what I thought at first but applejuice said it wouldn't be the case.

Anyway, I somehow got confused about where the blinds would be next hand from curtains' original HH....I fold if I'm btn next hand I push if i'm BB next hand. I don't make my decision based upon second guessing why curtains chose this hand to post.

Yugoslav
Old 12-31-2005, 04:28 AM

I am BB next hand of course.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who is slightly less inclined to push a marginal holding on the first hand ITM? Seems like there are a lot of players that are relieved to be ITM and are much more willing to make a suspect call on the first ITM hand. Just thought, I have nothing to suport this theory whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is something I also take into consideration sometimes, however I would think that "loosening up because I made the money" mindset is more in lines of what smaller stacks are thinking than bigger stacks. I don't think big stack is really loosening up his calling ranges here much.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am BB next hand of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you think fold is best upon further analysis??

Hrrmmmm. Methinks those 300 chips will be handy since shorty is now going to have enough to keep pushing into you.

I'd like to know what ChrisV or gramps would do, actually.

Yugoslav
Old 12-31-2005, 04:38 AM

Well I used SNGPT of course, hence my answer. Against normal calling range by BB its either breakeven or slightly -EV IMO.

Also if you are going to just assume that the SB will start playing well by pushing every SB, lets also assume that the Button will play well and push all buttons.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:57 AM

Is this a trick hand - looks awful famliar...

well I know how Phil Helmuth handled this hand...

If I thought the chip leader capable of folding most hands ther e- I push. I need the chips to fight the other short stack.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:30 AM

With no BB, push into Bigstack for 150chips with T8s has to be marginal at best.

Big stack has no immediate inducement to call as he has no chips in play. Your winning the hand has no effect on him or the game. The status quo is maintained if he folds. In effect it is a "free hand".

Better from your point of view to look at the risk you're taking for just 150 chips. T8s is a middling hand, what will the BS call with ? I doubt he will be loose at all for the reasons I've given above.

You don't want a call, and big stack has little reason to make one unless he has a holding of some sort. Still, all this for 150 chips. I don't know.