Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-13-2005, 10:05 AM

Default QQ played weakly

Deep stacks. I am short stack with 11K. Blinds 300/600/50. I raise to 1800 from 4th position with QQ. Big stacks on button and SB call. Flop comes AK5,r. Checked to button who bets 3K and takes it down. Big stacks may not have been calling in late position with big hands. Maybe I should have lead out of checkraised allin to the probe bet.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:07 AM

Default Re: QQ played weakly

yeah i fire a shot and obviously fold to any resistance
Old 12-13-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: QQ played weakly

Do you mix up your raises or just 3x BB each time? Seems too small in this case. Was the plan to check to any, one or two overcards? A larger raise pre-flop and you have more chance of repping the ace and taking the pot down.
I gather you play a lot of tournies, more than me, but in this situation, I would make a small raise on the flop because people often assume that I think I have the best hand and am trying to get more chips in the pot and fold either then, or call and fold when I push the turn. However, this sort of move depends on table image and yours may not suit.
The check raise is a bold move but one that could be worth a try but it depends on how much your short stack is going to hurt their big stack and how much a call by the button is dictated by their fear of a call by the sb. The problem is that button makes that move with any king or ace and if the sb folds and your stack is 1/3 or less of theirs, they are calling your push.