Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Bellagio 5K, Two Hands

Hand 1:

Table is tough. Level 1, 25/50 blinds. Ted Forrest is on my right, I'm in the 10 seat. Tricky agressive Russian player (who the hand before made a flush with 65hh to crack my TPTK in a decent-sized pot) limps. Ted makes it 200 on the button. I have about 8K and make a tilty-looking (or so I hope) re-raise with AsAh to 1000.

Limper calls the 1K as does Ted. Flop is 6s3s3h with two spades. I bet 1800, limper folds, Ted calls. Turn is the 7h. Board is 6s3s3h7h. There's 6400 in the pot. I have about 5400 left. Ted covers me. What's your plan? What does Ted have? How do you proceed?

Hand 2:

Takes place on the very last hand before the break, with 43 seconds on the clock. Patty "The Machine Gun" Gallagher has spent about 10 minutes at the table during the entire first two hours. The first 5 minutes of the day, she played just about every pot, then went AWOL for most of the next two levels and returned with 5 minutes before the break, where she resumed playing every hand.

Blinds are 50/100. I have about 6K to start the hand. Chino limps, Patty limps. I'm hoping to see 83o and get an extra 30 seconds of break, but I see Ah4h and limp too. Flop is As 5d 4s. Checked to Chino who bets 400, Patty calls 400, I make it 1200 with TABP, Chino looks distresed but calls, and Patty immediately fires in her stack.

What does she have? Am I calling for my tournamenet life against a LAG? Am I worried about Chino?

Flame away bitches.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Bellagio 5K, Two Hands

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1:
Flop is 6s3s3h with two spades. I bet 1800, limper folds, Ted calls. Turn is the 7h. Board is 6h3s3h7h.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean 2 spades 2 hearts on the turn?

Hand 1, I like checking the turn. He might fold an overpair or some kinda weak pair on board if we keep firing, so let him either bet with his weak hand or try to steal it. A free card isn't too bad, I don't see many holding he has that will beat us with a free river (if he already has us beat, so be it.) So I like a turn check, and probably all in if he bets. If he checks turn, bet 1/2 pot on river.

Hand 2: I can't fold. There are way too many draws for her to have that she will semibluff all in, any spade draw, 76, pair/spade combo, etc, 54 maybe. If she has A5, so be it. As far as Chino, not sure if the distressed call means "weak means strong," but if he slowplayed a big hand on a board like that, good for him, he has my chips. Most likely he is drawing or has a weak made hand.

Edit:

Hand 1: Didn't see your mistake w/ the board. I thought you had the nut flush draw. I probably just push the turn then.

Hand 2: What about raising PF?

Yah that is what I meant.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:44 PM

Hand 1.
I'm checking the turn, with the plan of calling a push or pushing the river or check-calling the river depending on the card. I don't think pushing there can be wrong either. With less than the pot in your stack i cant see getting away from this.

Hand 2
Stick it in there, way to often patti has a draw, and it sure seems to me like Chino has AK/AQ.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:50 PM

Hand 1: If he had a draw on the flop, he got there, and you have a 11-13 out redraw (7-9 flush outs, 4 boat outs). The only way a river card can beat you if you are ahead is if he has a lower pair and hits a two outer. I suppose I can't entirely discount a 3 from his range, but it's unlikely.

If you bet and he pushes with a straight or a flush you are committed to calling.

I think you should want to get all your money in and to do it in a way that maximizing the amount he puts in when behind because you are going broke when he has a flush or straight. Checkraise allin, mainly because many of the hands you are ahead of (middle pairs, e.g.) are more likely to pay you off on the turn than on the river if a 4th heart hits. If he checks behind, value bet any river.

Edit: yuck - I see the edit to two spades, two hearts now. In that case, maybe a bet is better. Seems like he could check a flush draw behind too often to make getting value from weaker pairs worth it. No longer the case that no river card can hurt you. Now half the deck might. If he's pretty likely to bet when checked to with a draw, I definitely like cr allin still.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:17 PM

Hand 1. Ted has a huge range here. He could be bagging 66, he could have an overpair, 45, hearts, or really anything. I'm not too sure if he thinks you are on tilt here, and considering that he is one of the best players in the world it is highly likely that he has a pretty good read on you as you have played your hand like AA up to this point. I check fold this here I think. That said, the key element to this hand is if he thinks you are tilting or not, which you have stated is unknown to you.

Hand 2: What does she have? Without knowing how she plays postflop, this is highly difficult for me to answer. I'd imagine that the chances that she could be making this move with a semi bluff or air often enough to warrant a call. Chino isn't calling here.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1.
I'm checking the turn, with the plan of calling a push or pushing the river or check-calling the river depending on the card. I don't think pushing there can be wrong either. With less than the pot in your stack i cant see getting away from this.

Hand 2
Stick it in there, way to often patti has a draw, and it sure seems to me like Chino has AK/AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-08-2005, 07:32 PM

I'm with MLG on Hand 1. I check/call here a lot because I like it when they put in chips drawing dead. Sometimes it turns out they aren't, but, well, you win some you lose some. Check/folding...if you're gonna do that please mail me the money, I can use it better than you.

Hand 2: Online this is a set, here I have no idea. A little ahead/way behind but there's a lot of dead chips...I don't know. Well, she's LAG enough, stick it in I guess.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:53 PM

In the second hand she could have a very strong draw like 7s6s. Now that there is so much money in the pot it seems like a good spot for her to jam. If she calls and the turn comes a blank her hand won't look that good when she would have to face a strong bet on the turn.

If she made the str8, a set or bottom two she could play it that way too. Taking a shot at building a big pot by calling the flop. It doesn't look like you can lay it down there. Did the blinds check fold the flop? That could explain some slowplaying if you were 4-5 to see the flop.

Chino could have a fairly good ace like AT-AJs, but he's call OOP is weird. He may be planning to bet the turn.