Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-26-2005, 02:47 AM

Default QQ...ugh?

Sorry about the number of hands. If one of the moderators wants to hold one of them back, I understand. I'm just off to work shortly and won't have access to my PT.

Villian's first hand at the table.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 4.25 BB

Give me a different line. Please.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:49 AM

Default Re: QQ...ugh?

Kwaz,

Having not bet the turn you have to bet the river when checked to.

Sincerely,
Shant
Old 12-26-2005, 02:49 AM

Bet turn?
Old 12-26-2005, 02:52 AM

Bet the turn, bet the river.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:56 AM

Bet the turn, bet the river so long as it isn't a heart
Old 12-26-2005, 05:01 AM

Yes, bet the turn, the King makes me feel that my hand was best on the flop, the heart is worrying, but not so much so that you should not bet.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:29 AM

So bet/fold turn, bet/fold river.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So bet/fold turn, bet/fold river.

[/ QUOTE ]
The turn is a bet/fold, but I'm not so sure about the river. If someone took that line against me and was new to the table, I would like to see what they played so strangely and call. This is probably wrong, but it would be such a weird line that I'd be curious. Usually it's the nuts from the turn, but I still call.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:35 AM

Really? I think I would rather call a turn c/r than a river c/r in this spot. The king is a decent scare card and if BB has something like A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] X he might think it's a good semibluff spot.

River c/r's are almost never bluffs.

And yeah, letting a heart see the river for free is no good methinks. Bet the turn.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry about the number of hands. If one of the moderators wants to hold one of them back, I understand. I'm just off to work shortly and won't have access to my PT.

Villian's first hand at the table.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 4.25 BB

Give me a different line. Please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the turn. The second K is actually GOOD for your hand - it decreases the chance that he has one. Plus, you don't want to give a free card to a single [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].