Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 12-15-2005, 08:08 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: 60k in 60 days part 3

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for your loss. Having said that, this mod stuff is getting too judgmental and out of hand.
Dave Mac's posts are always one of the first I open. I read this and looked forward to it. Now, because he's not "one of the beloved posters", a simple post of his in the General forum has been reviewed. It's ridiculous.

Cliques are the worst thing for a forum. Everyone knows there are plenty around here and that's just the way it goes. But when guys posts that others enjoy can be shuffled around because they're not in one, it's getting out of hand.

FWIW, I think Forums are like glasses of water. They'll find and keep their own level without much help. The activity required from mods is minimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was explaining why i moved it out of hush to here, where it was originally posted. i was explaining that to him so i forgot to spell out what i did, since theres no way for you or anyone else to see that i mvoed it from hush to general. come to think of it, no one else's challenge was posted in hush either so it didnt need any explaining

i wasnt being judgmental either. it clearly wont stir up the same interest and he didnt make the same commitment they did to provide us with updates with insights into what theyre going through. that is why those were so popular and the others have fizzled
Old 12-15-2005, 08:11 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i moved this thread because i dont want it in mush. this challenge differs from the other 3 (gonores, schneids, GoT) in a few ways. one is that those 3 are/were beloved here and people had an active interest in their success. you are relatively new here and i dont think there will be that kind of interest. the other is that the others (mainly the 60k in 60 days ones) included long writeups every few days about how they were feeling, things they were doing, interesting hands, etc. that made them good, valuable reads. i dont think you plan on doing it. there are a lot of challenges here and no one cares about most of them. the ones people take interest in are the ones from people who take the time to give us updates.

for anyone reading this who pm'ed me i will get back to you as soon as i can. there was a tragedy in the family of someone very close to me and i havent been around a computer much at all. i ahve 37 unread pm's right now

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, Dave has been posting here for a while and I believe he made that new account to change his name for whatever reason. I believe him to be the same caliber player as gonores/schneids/guyontilt and believe his playing insights could be as helpful as their's. FWIW, he was playing 10/20 sixmax when me/diablo/schneids/gonores/nate/stripsqueez were playing that game and posting in HUSH and back then I believed him to be as tough as any of those.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for clearing that up. i guess i shouldnt have assumed that about him (just saw the 02/05 reg date and 300 posts), but i still think the things i said hold true in regards to whether it belongs in hush or not.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please can someone give me a link to the challenge that gonores guyontilt and schneids did?

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FWIW, I'm doing one right now. Link in my profile.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the best part of this thread. Nice Challenge GOT.. I will be following this blog with great interest !
Old 12-15-2005, 08:46 PM

I misread it. I'm glad it's here. Thanks.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i moved this thread because i dont want it in mush. this challenge differs from the other 3 (gonores, schneids, GoT) in a few ways. one is that those 3 are/were beloved here and people had an active interest in their success. you are relatively new here and i dont think there will be that kind of interest. the other is that the others (mainly the 60k in 60 days ones) included long writeups every few days about how they were feeling, things they were doing, interesting hands, etc. that made them good, valuable reads. i dont think you plan on doing it. there are a lot of challenges here and no one cares about most of them. the ones people take interest in are the ones from people who take the time to give us updates.

for anyone reading this who pm'ed me i will get back to you as soon as i can. there was a tragedy in the family of someone very close to me and i havent been around a computer much at all. i ahve 37 unread pm's right now

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, Dave has been posting here for a while and I believe he made that new account to change his name for whatever reason. I believe him to be the same caliber player as gonores/schneids/guyontilt and believe his playing insights could be as helpful as their's. FWIW, he was playing 10/20 sixmax when me/diablo/schneids/gonores/nate/stripsqueez were playing that game and posting in HUSH and back then I believed him to be as tough as any of those.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for clearing that up. i guess i shouldnt have assumed that about him (just saw the 02/05 reg date and 300 posts), but i still think the things i said hold true in regards to whether it belongs in hush or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, that's your prerogative of course. Just figured I'd clarify for others reading this thread that this guy is definitely worth a read and is a very high quality player/poster. I think the challenge type posts are fine but don't necessarily belong in the strategy forums myself(regardless of whether they contain strategy, or not).
-James
Old 12-15-2005, 10:59 PM

i dont know you or any of the other cool kids so i'm sure you'll skip right by this, but i'd like to say the following:

you basically told the guy one of the reasons his challenge is different because he's not a 'beloved' poster, which i'm sure he's crushed over

this forum has the social structure of middle school

edit: just read the rest of your post, sorry to hear about your family tragedy [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know you or any of the other cool kids so i'm sure you'll skip right by this, but i'd like to say the following:

you basically told the guy one of the reasons his challenge is different because he's not a 'beloved' poster, which i'm sure he's crushed over

this forum has the social structure of middle school

[/ QUOTE ]

i made a comment. it happened to be true. whether or not you have some problem with it doesnt change the fact that it was true. less people will have an active interest because he hasnt helped other people develop like they have. there was a huge response to those. there wont be the same for this. i can guarantee that. so please explain where your problem lies, or are you just the type that likes to complain?
Old 12-15-2005, 11:15 PM

oh no, i wasn't questioning the validity of the comment, sorry you misunderstood/apologize if i didnt make my point clear

just a general distaste for the clique-like nature of some/most of the forums, highlighted in general by your initial comment towards the perceived social status of the OP

or maybe i'm just really jealous that i'm not beloved

back to my hidey-hole
Old 12-15-2005, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh no, i wasn't questioning the validity of the comment, sorry you misunderstood/apologize if i didnt make my point clear

just a general distaste for the clique-like nature of some/most of the forums, highlighted in general by your initial comment towards the perceived social status of the OP

or maybe i'm just really jealous that i'm not beloved

back to my hidey-hole

[/ QUOTE ]

is it unreasonable to kiss the asses of those who have helped us win lots of money?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also i think the 10-20 6 max may be one of the best games, most profiatble games on the net. really only the party 20-40 comes close, as far as limit games go.

[/ QUOTE ]
So is the 15/30 not good? I currently play 10/20 6max, but am wondering about the games above me. 20/40 is usually a better game than 15/30? Or just more profitable because it is a bigger game?