Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Re: newest member of 300BB downswing club

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
running bad is the worst feeling in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

not even close

[/ QUOTE ]

scrotum + vice = pretty bad
Old 12-14-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not even close

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Aside from physical pain, running bad is for me, 100% the worst feeling in the world.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:09 PM

on the 66 hand if i raise the flop on the relativly safe board than it is just checked to me on the turn most times at this table, instead i was able to get someone to bet and someone to call before it was to me. on the KQ hand if you are heads up with that hand i dont see why you would want to slow him down on the flop, why not let him bet into me again on the turn? is just happens he has one of the two hands that beats me
Old 12-14-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not even close

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Aside from physical pain, running bad is for me, 100% the worst feeling in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...how does "running bad" feel compared to being diagnosed with cancer, or the death of a loved one? I haven't experienced either, but I imagine they'd make running bad seem pretty nice by comparison! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not even close

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...how does "running bad" feel compared to being diagnosed with cancer, or the death of a loved one? I haven't experienced either, but I imagine they'd make running bad seem pretty nice by comparison! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
it doesnt compare, id rather run bad for the next 12 years than have a friend die again, and it isnt even close
Old 12-15-2005, 08:10 PM

Default and it continues

thought maybe my luck was changing today, till these within 50 hands of eachother:
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG folds.

River: (7.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qs Ad (two pair, queens and tens).
Button has Ah Th (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: Button wins 11.75 BB. </font>

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 2h 3h (straight, five high).
Hero has Ac Ah (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: UTG wins 12.75 BB. </font>

according to PT they each had less than a 2% chance to win on the flop