Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 08:34 PM

Default 10/20 6max what kind of animal am i? (stats post)

I hate stat posts, and hence never read them. As a result of this I have no idea how to interpret my stats. After reading some posts I have discovered that I must play a whacked out type game. anyways here are my stats:

total hands: 27,021
vpip: 25.52
VP$SB: 31.36
FSB to steal: 85.12
FBB to steal: 66
ATT to steal blinds 49.30
WTSD: 30.57
W$asd: 55.65
PFR: 20
AF by street (no PF stats included)
Flop: 3.8
Turn: 2.74
River 2.17

Fold to river bet: 48.87 *this seems the whackiest and I think it has to do with my tendency to check behind on turns after whiffing and not having a hand that can call a river bet.

Position Stats:

Button 34.89/30.39
CO 28.26/26.54
Hijack 20.19/18.75
UTG 16.55/15.79

BB 20.04 (0.17)
SB 31.36 (0.09)
Old 07-02-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: 10/20 6max what kind of animal am i? (stats post)

I think you attempt to steal too much. I think you could defend your blinds a little more. These would lower your vpip and pfr slightly which I don't think would hurt either, but that's not something I'd worry about.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:50 PM

I think you try to steal too much and give away your BB too often.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:54 PM

i dunno guys, adding hands oop and reducing hands with position seem counterintuitive to me. not saying i disagree, just that it doesn't 'seem' right to me.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dunno guys, adding hands oop and reducing hands with position seem counterintuitive to me. not saying i disagree, just that it doesn't 'seem' right to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a slightly less aggro version of you, I calldown more and open it up a little less in position.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:06 PM

My button numbers are very similar to yours. I'm looser and more aggro in all other positions though. My PF agg factor stats are way more passive than you.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:10 PM

An att. to steal of 49 seems insane to me. All the other numbers look within reason. I am by no means an expert on this topic, but if you ask around on attempt to steal for 6 handed, I'd be surprised if you didn't hear a lot of people with lower numbers.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:10 PM

I'll take a try at responding based on what I remember reading and my own stats.

Your VPIP and PFR are good. You play more aggressively both before the flop and and lot more after the flop than I do, but from what I read, I should increase mine a little more. I think, though, that in order to play more aggressively after the flop, you need to have excellent post flop skills, including the ability to read other players well. (Mine are 2.7, 2.2 and 1.3).

You fold both your blinds a little more often than I do (mine are 71% and 57%). I put in 42% voluntarily from small blind and you put in less. I tend to complete a lot from small blind and call one bet from BB with multiple players in the pot and then fit or fold post flop. You also attempt to steal more often than I do (I'm at 33%). This may be another instance where I try to steal less because I am not yet totally confident of my post flop skills when I miss. My folded to river bet is also much lower, probably for the same reason (34%). Perhaps you could try a little less aggression and a little more calling down when you have a piece of the board and not too many opponents?

I go to showdown much more often but win a lesser percentage of the time (40%/51%). This may be reflective of my lower aggression numbers. I don't know which approach is more effective, truthfully, but if I'm not sure if I'm ahead and the board is not too scary, I'll often call it down (and win a surprisingly large number of times). For example, with AK and someone bets into me and shows strength, I'll often go into call down mode unimproved instead of continuing to raise with A high.

For position stats, I'm not totally sure I understand what you've given. It looks like for the first 4 positions, you've given vpip and pf raise and for the blinds you've given vpip and bb/won per hand. I'll compare the numbers to mine on that basis.

From the button and cutoff I play less and raise less than you (26%/23%) and (22/20%). Our UTG and hijack numbers are very similar.

From BB, I play more hands and lose less per hand. Mine are BB 26.18 (.13) and SB 42.15 (.07).

What is your BB/100? Over my last 90k hands, I'm at 2.97BB/100.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:16 PM

Your post flop AF seem really high especially on the flop. You may not be mixing it up enough.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:04 AM

The only thing that came to mind is that I would much rather be sitting on your left than your right. If I did have the misfortune of being on your right, I would take solice in the fact that I could be somewhat successful of leading the river after you try and steal my blind and then check behind on the turn.

Its seems with a 49% ASB, that you will probably be checking quite a few turns.

Just random thoughts.