Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: I got schooled last night

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think pushing the turn is a good idea. He would for instance have folded his hand, and most other losing hands. He will call you with all hands that beat you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

On a side note, despite what a dick he was, don't waste your time getting into it with him unless you have something to gain. He lost two grand already, so unless he's reaching for new stacks and you can put him further on tilt, don't waste your time. You have no idea how little of a scuffle it takes to set you off your game. He calls you an f-er, and then even if that's it, you're broding over him being a dick instead of the game itself. Keep focused.
Ez
Old 02-15-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: I got schooled last night

[ QUOTE ]
How could I have played this better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the pot on the flop. If he raises this bet, you re-raise all-in. If he just calls this bet, you lead all-in on the turn. This strategy kills his odds for any flush draw.

On the flop and turn, you're likely ahead (assuming we don't know the actual results), and you want to get your money in while you're ahead. If he has a ten with higher kicker, so be it. If he doesn't, you want to take this down or force him into a bad call.