Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2004, 01:45 PM

Default 3rd Nut Flush - what speed should I go?

CO is L-A, Button is L-P

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

<font color="purple">I pick up the flush draw on a not very impressive-looking flop.</font>

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

<font color="purple">2nd pair does not excite me.</font>

River: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="purple">The King is good news. Only two diamonds out that beat me now. My last call here - should it be a re-raise?</font>

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 09-18-2004, 05:06 PM

Default Re: 3rd Nut Flush - what speed should I go?

I think I bet the flop. If CO doesn't raise it probably turns into a value bet, if only a thin one. If he does, it might clean up my pair outs. My bet and his raise hopefully chase one or both of my opponents out of the pot. If he tends toward maniacal post flop play, middle pair might be enough to win, and both of your cards are higher than the middle board card. If he's just a little loose and only plays his good hands or draws aggressively, you're obviously less happy if he raises and a T or 6 falls.

The turn might give you a good c/r opportunity if you're up against a maniac.

Would CO have raised his suited ace pf? If so, only one diamond beats you. Probably doesn't do anything to affect my decision, but it might make me click the raise button a bit more confidently. I cap and pay him off without a good reason to think he wouldn't 3-bet without the goods.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:59 PM

This is an easy cap for me. I'd often cap this even with two lower diamonds, since you aren't worried about a one card flush. He might have a flush but would probably 3-bet it with the 2-3. He might also have Q2, K4, 44, 22, or any other holding. He's been betting all the way so he could easily have a made hand on the flop rather than a flush on the river.
Old 09-18-2004, 06:25 PM

Bet the flop, but since you didn't, raise when it comes back to you. Turn is good. I think I cap the river too, I can't put CO on a flush.