Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2003, 10:23 AM

Default Huge pot with 45off

Playing 10/20 online as usual. It's not really exiciting until I get 45off in the BB. It's a 9 handed game, and without a raise we are 8 to see the flop (including SB).

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets, I call, all call and the CO raises. All call again. By this time there's 240$ in the pot.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

All check to a middle position player, who bets, all call, including me. Now, the UTG suddenly raises. A couple of calls and MP reraises. The rest fold to me. There is about 500$+ (can't remember the exact amount) in the pot now and I'm facing a double bet with my open end straight. I get more than 10/1 from the pot, so I deceide that are enough odds to call. UTG also just calls.

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I dance and check, UTG bets, MP raises, I raise and they both call. I drag a pot of 819$ dollars with my nuts straight. The hugest pot I ever saw in a 10/20 game.

I think my play was allright. Or does someone disagree? I just felt a bit unsecure to pay a double bet with a straight draw.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Huge pot with 45off

Well played! You could reraise on the flop; it might get some gutshots to fold (in case you catch an 8) and sometimes it even buys you a free card on the turn.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:43 PM

Default most beautiful thing

[ QUOTE ]
I dance and check, UTG bets, MP raises, I raise and they both call.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the most wonderful thing of online poker: the dance [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], not the 3 bet [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2003, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Huge pot with 45off

well, i think well done! but please dont do the dancing thing when u r at a real cardroom [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]