Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 11:59 PM

Default Who will win the WCOFP?

This isn't a typo, I assure you. A while back, I documented who I thought were the greatest 80 poker players in the world, and made a little program where it would randomly select the order of the list. In other words, the placings of a tournament. I also included myself and a few friends and saw how we "did against the pros". Well, I've always been adding people and trying to do WSOP-like tournaments.

Then, I got to thinking. How could I have 1000 people? I can't just "make up" names. That wouldn't be very cool. By this point, my pro list is 169. I think 5 or 6 are of my friends. At work today, I thought it'd be cool to add famous cartoon characters and such who could represent the online unknowns. This would make it interesting in that, sirio11 could finish one place lower than good ol' Fred Flintstone himself. Maybe the whole tournament could be won by Splinter of TMNT. In fact, maybe a seasoned pro like Phil Hellmuth could beat an entire table of pros, minus Scooby Doo.

Now, the reason I post this idea in this forum, is I want to include some of you guys. Not just the high-stakes guys, anyone who reads this topic. The only people I'm adding already are JJProdigy and sirio11. Anyone who wants to be in this game can do so! I figure that when I'm finished, I could have 700+ people in a tournament with a massive "prize pool". I think it could be a fun idea. What do you guys think?

(WCOFP stands for "World Championship of Ficticious Poker")
Old 08-13-2005, 12:18 AM

Default Re: Who will win the WCOFP?

[ QUOTE ]
(WCOFP stands for "World Championship of Ficticious Poker")

[/ QUOTE ]
it's friday night again, isn't it.

Perhaps, in the interests of us all being at least semi-employable once the poker boom ends, we should just hold a spelling bee instead...
Old 08-13-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Who will win the WCOFP?

Just an idea I had, man. It's just for fun, and I "need" help. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]