Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: By U.S. standards are you right or left of center
Left 17 40.48%
Right 15 35.71%
middle of the road baby 10 23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Would you consider this to be an insult?

[ QUOTE ]
When Dynasty started moderating in the WPT forum, he asked what changes we'd most like to see. The most frequently referenced and widely agreed upon suggestion was that posts that made fun of professional players had driven away many pros and discouraged them from posting on 2+2. That's what you were doing. That's why your post was deleted IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see it that way at all.......

When Daliman made the post and coined the term H-DOG, didn't he explain what it was an acronym for? I don't see that as out of bounds at all...

Calling a player a Human Rain Delay goes to the issue of style of play. It is entirely unlike some of the mean-spirited comments that I've seen here that transcend decency and get personal.

FWIW, as far as Dynasty goes? I think he is getting way out of line lately. I don't know the man, have never met him, but in watching his actions as a moderator as of late, I think he should take 3 giant steps back and consider some of the inconsistency's of his actions.........
Old 07-24-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WPT would be better if there were more threads about how players player and not what they looked like or what they said. The less useless threads like yours, the better.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, in other words, since mine was a specific commentary on how a player plays, you are in full agreement with me. Good to know.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When Dynasty started moderating in the WPT forum, he asked what changes we'd most like to see. The most frequently referenced and widely agreed upon suggestion was that posts that made fun of professional players had driven away many pros and discouraged them from posting on 2+2. That's what you were doing. That's why your post was deleted IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see it that way at all.......

When Daliman made the post and coined the term H-DOG, didn't he explain what it was an acronym for? I don't see that as out of bounds at all...

Calling a player a Human Rain Delay goes to the issue of style of play. It is entirely unlike some of the mean-spirited comments that I've seen here that transcend decency and get personal.

FWIW, as far as Dynasty goes? I think he is getting way out of line lately. I don't know the man, have never met him, but in watching his actions as a moderator as of late, I think he should take 3 giant steps back and consider some of the inconsistency's of his actions.........

[/ QUOTE ]

There was additional commentary in the original thread/post also where I ruminated over what can be done in the future when someone employs these kinds of tactics in a tournament, but alas, it got deleted. Many are now finding out what i knew EARLY on; Inmate running the asylum.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Habitual Stallers Deserve To Be Insulted And Reprimanded

Anyone who had the clock called on them 80 TIMES (according to Dali), deserves to be insulted at least 70 times.

Repeated stalling is very bad for poker. If she was really as guilty of stalling as I've gathered from reading the forum, then she not only deserved to be insulted, but to be BOOED by the crowd.

A long decision on occasion is one thing, but having the clock called on her 3 times in one hand is another. And is it true that she actually took 15 MINUTES TO MAKE ONE DECISION? And had the clock called on her countless times?

If all that's essentially true, then "H-DOG" is a very mild nickname for her--or for any player who frequently and deliberately makes the game unpleasant, boring and excruciatingly slow for everyone else.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know why she is a human delay of game and i dont really care. to be honest, i dont think polls like this need to be created and i dont think that topics need to be formed about your thoughts on a poker player, albeit humorous.

we have more members than ever before and i think as an attempt to unclutter the forums us veteran posters have to stop posting random crap if we expect the same from others.

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is a joke, right?
Old 07-24-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Habitual Stallers Deserve To Be Insulted And Reprimanded

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who had the clock called on them 80 TIMES (according to Dali), deserves to be insulted at least 70 times.

Repeated stalling is very bad for poker. If she was really as guilty of stalling as I've gathered from reading the forum, then she not only deserved to be insulted, but to be BOOED by the crowd.

A long decision on occasion is one thing, but having the clock called on her 3 times in one hand is another. And is it true that she actually took 15 MINUTES TO MAKE ONE DECISION? And had the clock called on her countless times?

If all that's essentially true, then "H-DOG" is a very mild nickname for her--or for any player who frequently and deliberately makes the game unpleasant, boring and excruciatingly slow for everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only really guessing at 80 times, but I got the 3 times in one hand from posted accounts online, and even once where she did it while considering her play versus A STANDARD PREFLOP RAISE. 80 times may be an exaggeration, but from what I hear, it could EASILY be a big undershot too.

Also, in the 15 minute decision hand, it was said that she got up from her seat and WENT OVER TO A FRIEND TO ASK THEM WHAT SHE SHOULD DO! She had to be told by the other player in the hand that she couldn't do that. Weak sauce.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are a woman and fall shy of Shannon Elizabeth, you are busted on mercilessly.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is because poker players, on the whole, are attractive and take care of their bodies to please the ladies. CYA at the gym...
Old 07-24-2005, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont think polls like this need to be created and i dont think that topics need to be formed about your thoughts on a poker player, albeit humorous.

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU you nit....your in a news, views, and gossip forum. This forum is for exactly that...please go put your soapbox behind a 7-11 or something, and preach to the rats. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

FWIW, I have a friend who was in her table the 1st day and she has the clock called on her many, many times.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:47 PM

I don't see anything wrong with your post.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: Habitual Stallers Deserve To Be Insulted And Reprimanded

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. you want to change the rules..then fine. But if the rules allow a player to take his time then there is nothing wrong with using the rules to your advantage. I would agree that the rule should be something like one clock per tournament before a penalty or one per round or something like that. But don't fault somone for playing within the rules.

P.S. Just so you know - I love you MMMMMMM

Vince