Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Wynn Question?

I'm 20 and going to be heading down to vegas in a week for a fraternity meeting. I've played in 21+ cardrooms numerous times before, and only hastled once. Anybody had problems getting carded at the Wynn?
Old 07-06-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Wynn Question?

If you got a fake ID you can try I guess. But if you dont have ID and plan to get in on your "good looks" then forget it. You can bet they know that Kappa Sig is holding convention.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:18 PM

Might be worth a shot. Evan never got carded and he looks younger than I do. I got carded like 2 or 3 times my last day at the cage, but never any other days I was there.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:35 AM

Never ID'd me...but if you went to cash out and they asked, that would suck... gl
-$LL$
Old 07-07-2005, 03:30 AM

I'm 23 and have never been carded at the Wynn in several visits.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:10 AM

Thanks for the advice so far guys...

[ QUOTE ]
You can bet they know that Kappa Sig is holding convention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I'm afraid of, I have a buddy's expired ID that has worked before at the Bellagio (but that was when they were remodelling), but with the WSOP wrapping up and a pretty big frat convention, it makes me think that they might be a little more suspicious.
Do you think the stakes I play will have any effect on their propensity to card me? If it makes a difference I'll be looking to play between 10-20 and 20-40.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think the stakes I play will have any effect on their propensity to card me? If it makes a difference I'll be looking to play between 10-20 and 20-40.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this does make a difference. If you are playing these stakes most would make the assumption that you were not some riffraff college student there to drink and play 4/8. If you walk up with a few k in cash wanting to play some poker I doubt you will be carded.

Also in my experience the nicer places tend to card less as long as you don't appear out of place.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also in my experience the nicer places tend to card less as long as you don't appear out of place.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-07-2005, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 20 and going to be heading down to vegas in a week for a fraternity meeting. I've played in 21+ cardrooms numerous times before, and only hastled once. Anybody had problems getting carded at the Wynn?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you look like and what day will you be there? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2005, 06:08 AM

Pretty amusing Michael!!

Pat - if you don't know already, Michael works at (I believe 'runs' is the correct word here) the new room at the Wynn.
so he basically now knows to keep an eye for you if he wants.

I don't know about wynn or other rooms...but I know of a guy who is only 19 who has played in a couple of satellites at the WSOP without any problem as well as some ring-games at a couple other places.
His idea about playing in the WSOP main-event satellites was that it would be 'really cool' to play in it...even though there's no chance in hell that he would be able to get any of his money if he happened to qualify and then cash.
I think he wanted to be the only 19-year-old ever to make it into the money at the main-event.
You young'uns crack me up with your logic sometimes!! (I feel old).

Anyway - I would think your chances of successfully pulling this off at the Wynn have been dramatically reduced right about now and you may want to re-think your plan!!