Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Review my play (Hands: QQ; TT)

No reads.

Hand #1. Question did I go to far with this hand. I was thinking maybe I should have folded the turn given the action up to that point.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (16.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 20.75 BB

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls. Shoul I have raised here? I dont think he had a 4, if he did he probably would check-raised. I'm not worried about the 9 either. Now the J and him betting into me had me thinking so I decided to call.

River: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 05-02-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Review my play (Hands: QQ; TT)

Hand 1: I would 3 bet the flop at least, I think you gave up on this one too soon. The river fold is good though.

Hand 2: This is ok, raising the turn and checking behind on the river is ok too.

-DeathDonkey
Old 05-02-2005, 04:14 PM

Hand 1 - I'd check-raise the flop and lead the turn if just called. I'd 3-betted I'd probably call down unless faced with two like the river here.

Hand 2 - I'd fold the turn and kick the cat.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 - I'd fold the turn and kick the cat

[/ QUOTE ]

davelin what would be your reasons for folding here?
Old 05-02-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 - I'd fold the turn and kick the cat

[/ QUOTE ]

davelin what would be your reasons for folding here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly pot size. Whether you raise the turn and take the free showdown or call down you're spending 2BB to win 6BB. I guess it depends (I'm notorious for folding too much) but I personally can't see someone betting a hand I beat here more than 33% of the time here. But I could be wrong and weak-tight here...
Old 05-02-2005, 04:28 PM

Four players in on a capped flop... I love this game. I would 3-bet the flop for value, check call one bet on turn and river(but not two with people to act)(T is scary but pot is too big).

And hand two I'd play the same, WA/WB style, since you have no reads and your hand is decent. Pot is smaller though, so folding is a closer decision.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:30 PM

Interesting. Folding never crossed my mind here. I'm also kind of weak-tight, who's trying to change. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting. Folding never crossed my mind here. I'm also kind of weak-tight, who's trying to change. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm more weak-tight than you [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Anyways I know that results don't matter (in some ways) but I'm curious what Villain showed in Hand 2. You can PM it to me if you'd like.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:11 PM

hand #1: 3-bet the flop to show you have more than UI overcards. hmmm...the turn, i think i'll bet/call then fold the river UI. i bet because i'm not putting MP3 on the Ten 100% as he may be aggressively betting a straight/flush draw or 2nd best pair, but reraised, i'm pretty sure i'm beat.

hand #2: hmmm...i think i'd reraise for the showdown plus he doesn't KNOW his Jax are good (if that's all he has). 3-bet, i'll fold because you're toast to a lucky 2 pair, or slowplayed set. river: fold UI if bet into.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:15 PM

Hand 1: I like a checkraise on the flop here better than a lead/3-bet. The rest looks OK.

Hand 2: I would raise this turn. I see this play a lot with people who pick up a flush draw or an OESD and don't want the turn checked through. Its pretty read-dependant though.