Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Ultra high buy-in SnG...beatable?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you could have made your point in a more concise fashion.
Also, if you have long sentences like that following each other, paragraphs can help.
Just easier to read and understand quickly, that's all.
FWIW, I agree with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could be right, of course, but sometimes I prefer being less concise than possible, for a few reasons. Being clear and concise is sometimes overrated, IMO.

Another thing is that English isn't my best language, so there's another reason for being hazy at times. I usually like using paragraphs, though, as you have suggeseted. They are very nice, but I didn't think it was really necessary there...

[/ QUOTE ]

"suggeseted"? i believe when you say English is'nt your Best language. i hear being LESS than clear and concise is also overrated, but then, i do tend to hear that from people who are trying to overdo it with twisted and complex explainations and who tend to be inept at the English language.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, if you have long sentences like that following each other, paragraphs can help.
FWIW, I agree with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could be right, of course, but sometimes I prefer being less concise than possible, for a few reasons. Being clear and concise is sometimes overrated, IMO.

Another thing is that English isn't my best language, so there's another reason for being hazy at times. I usually like using paragraphs, though, as you have suggeseted. They are very nice, but I didn't think it was really necessary there...

[/ QUOTE ]

"suggeseted"? i believe when you say English is'nt your Best language. i hear being LESS than clear and concise is also overrated, but then, i do tend to hear that from people who are trying to overdo it with twisted and complex explainations and who tend to be inept at the English language.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like your English is perfect, congrats!

(I'll let others elaborate)

Yugoslav
Old 01-10-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I agree with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like your English is perfect, congrats!

(I'll let others elaborate)

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Gracias, Senor! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is now the second funniest thread I've ever read on 2+2.

Scuba

[/ QUOTE ]

What, pray tell, is the funniest, because I've just got to read it. (However, I don't think either can hold a candle to the 5 Aces thread on the PokerRoom forum. Don't know if its still active, but about 6-8 months ago it was going strong.)
Old 01-10-2005, 09:12 PM

Hey Mack,

Yes, it's been a while. Nice to see you're around! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2005, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think it's going to be fun. I missed Desdia, but it looks like there might be a good substitute (I double checked the spelling of this one, and edited it!), and (maybe?) even some better-than-Desdia stuff! So thanks for noticing I've mistakenly put one more "e" in "suggested". Man, you have some eye! Unreal. Yes, my English sucks, considering the fact I've spent 95% of my life and am living in a non-Enlish speaking country, and that English is not spoken at all in my family and around me. I wonder how is *your* 2nd or 3rd language, sir?

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]