Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 07:32 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: For those of you getting an Xbox 360

right. soul calibur was a great launch title. so was super mario world. so was tetris. but there isn't a single console in history that totally wowed me with many titles. people get upset every time a system launches, but it's not as if there's a history of quality with this stuff.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:40 PM

Speaking of remote mine only games. I'll challenge anyone on the planet in Goldeneye for N64 with only remote mines in the complex. You choose the stakes.

Race to 5

Each game lasts 10 mins [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 08:48 PM

Perfect Dark was the best N64 game ever. It will definitely be good.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:07 PM

I was in a Target today said they had no pre-order sales and there would likely be a line outside on Mon, Nov 28th. They would hand out coupons near the store's opening time. I have debated in my head if it would be worth staying overnight to get an xbox360 (mainly to resell on ebay). Yeah its low brow, but hey, people are going to go nuts trying to get one of these systems for Xmas.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:12 PM

Madden is not a port. They completly redesigned the entire game. Created a new model they will use for all next gen football games. Definitly gettin this game when my system comes in.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:16 PM

Has anybody here heard any rumors about the 360 being moddable like the original xbox was?
Old 11-17-2005, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anybody here heard any rumors about the 360 being moddable like the original xbox was?

[/ QUOTE ]

Too early to tell, but xbox-scene.com is the main site that keeps up with that type of thing. Rest assured, as soon as 360 comes out plenty of people will be prying with its insides trying to answer that question. Also rest assured that MS isn't happy about all the people modding the current Xbox, and will have tried pretty hard to keep people from doing it with 360.

I pre-ordered my 360 about two months ago, and just called the local Gamestop to find out that they won't have enough consoles next Tuesday for me to get mine.

"When will I be able to pick one up?"
"Umm...I don't know, whenever the company sends us more?"

Fun. I'll be getting Oblivion at launch for sure (its two prequels, Daggerfall and Morrowind on PC, were two of my favorite games of all time, even though I don't really like RPGs for the most part - so for me, that IS a system mover).

Actually, I just noticed that Oblivion isn't on the list of launch titles, so I did some digging at IGN...and apparently it's delayed until 2006. Wow, fantastic. I guess I'll be getting Quake 4 at launch then, maybe PGR3, Tiger Woods (previous ones have always been fun) and Condemned looks pretty cool.