Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2004, 01:35 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default Table coaches.....

I was on Absolute last night, playing at .10/.20 (yeah, yeah, I know [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]; I'm trying to get myself back up to a respectable BR after a few nasty tilts/bad sessions, and I'll move up again as it grows). I won a hand against a fish that was holding Jxo, and flopped a J, where I'd flopped a set and a couple of str8/flush draws or some such (I forget what it was; the subsequent events distracted me, and I haven't had a chance to go back and look at the HH). He put the pedal to the metal, and I happily kept up with him. At the showdown, another player started berating my fishy friend for playing that hard with only a pair of jacks against someone who obviously had a hand as good or better than his. I tried to tell Table Coach (names changed to protect the guilty), "Don't tap on the glass!" (which got translated as "Don't tap on the gl***!" - LOL!), but he paid no heed as they kept arguing. Fishy left the table but started ragging on Table Coach from the rail as he was steadily bleeding chips (with a fair share of them moving in my direction). Table Coach challenged Fishy to HU, but Fishy (knowing his own limits) declined; he just wanted to "learn from the master, who's losing steadily" (translation: "I just wanna drive you nuts for dissing me!").

Not only did he drive out a nice, juicy fish, but he got him started disrupting the table with the chat. Sigh....

BTW, is there a way to block observer chat on Absolute? I could block out Table Coach, but couldn't figure out how to block Fishy.

Sorry, just needed to vent.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Mike