Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Serious Rant about telling people about 2+2 (Long) but w/ content

[ QUOTE ]
ill share w/ you my tiny sample size. ive sent the 2+2 link to 4 of my friends who play online or who i play w/ in a home game and none of them have registered.

i became friendly w/ a guy in a B&M and told him about the site. he registered and posted about 5 times and then stopped.

all the bad players know there are books at the book store on how to play. most just choose not to go read them. im w/ you nomad, tell all the bad players about this site. it doesnt bother me.

finding out about this site is the easy part. it's the hours of freakin reading that's a pain. it comes down to motivation.

btw more paragraph breaks would make the original post so much easier to read.

bwana

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I have 2 friends and my boss that are in this group they know about it and I keep pushing them to work on their game but that's too much work for them. One acctually lives off his Party SnG winnings (because he's just good enough to whip those fish, but if he wants to make a living at it there's bigger fish), but both my freinds spend time in OOT for "hot chick" threads but the strategy is to much work it seems.
I'll break paragraphs when you start capitalizing the start of sentences and "I" when used as a personal pronoun.
J/K [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the response I think we all have a freind or 2 who wants us to give them an easy way then when they come to realize how much work it is they don't want to keep it up.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:46 PM

Even if you educate one fish in 100 fishes. it's still one less fish and less money to go into my poket.

If im a boss of a business, i won't tell them they can get a better deal by going to XXXXXX.

i will never discuss 2+2, PT, PA or any strategys openly in a chat.

However, saying "2+2" in chat wont make a MAJOR difference... but hey... one less fish... is one less fish.

And they will probably be extinct one day, so i won't speed up this process without a dam good reason($$$).
Old 11-20-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll break paragraphs when you start capitalizing the start of sentences and "I" when used as a personal pronoun.
J/K

[/ QUOTE ]

snap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

bwana
Old 11-20-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i will never discuss 2+2, PT, PA or any strategys openly in a chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither will I and I never have. I'm saying that 1 in 100 would find their way to become winners anyways, because the only ones who will learn from an education are those who want to do better.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:58 PM

[quote(because he's just good enough to whip those fish, but if he wants to make a living at it there's bigger fish)

[/ QUOTE ]

"There's always a bigger fish" - Star Wars Episode I
Old 11-20-2005, 07:01 PM

Yeah your right to a certain extent.

I played on a site with NILBUD(Hes a member here, Prob seen him post in micros in the past).

We played often on a site unsupported by PA/PT etc. Manual reads/notes. Small site(about 4k players).

At 0.05/.10 level. Quite alot of fish, i made 20 - 40BB a day logging maybe 300 - 400hands(Super soft games).

I recognised him as a good player and it seemed like he may be a 2+2 like myself. I found it when i lost $6 at 0.02/.04 and wanted to improve so i hit google with "poker forum".

Anyhow in the end out of all the fish on the site only us two seemed to really win/Play well and win longterm. We got chatting and spoke on msn, we never discused 2+2 in chat so soon as we chatted i asked. he was a 2+2er.

We both found it because we wanted to learn the game to a higher level and improve, the others are still fish. One lady i talk to cashes in $50 a month to play 0.05/.10.... Doesn't want to improve. Pure fun for her really.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:02 PM

I think it's basically just bad to remind people or suggest to people that there's skill to this game
Old 11-20-2005, 07:05 PM

I don't care if they come here or not. I'll beat 'em either way.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:06 PM

(sigh)
Another thread about not educating the fish in the chat window. There are 57,000+ people on PP right now. My guess is 50,000 are fish. Spend more time studying poker and less time worrying about someone educating a few fish.

Flame away.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care if they come here or not. I'll beat 'em either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

if you can't then maybe "you"(not Grunch) should spend more time worrying about your game, not whether a few bad players make their way here(most new posters are bad anyway, most of us that are winning now were at some point)