Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Bottom Two Pair

How strong is bottom two pair (2//4 party) on a relatively drawless board? The pot is multiway 3-4 people

Should I bet this hand out? Check Raise flop, turn etc?
Old 10-19-2005, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Bottom Two Pair

its a pretty strong holding, its not the nuts or anything, but you most likely have the best hand

how i act depends on a few things, if there was a preflop raiser or if there is a very aggressive opponent, it depends on my position relative to him, if he is to my left, i want to check/raise to trap the feild, if he is too my right, i bet out and hope he raises so i can 3-bet

if there was no preflop raiser and everyone is relatively passive, you should just bet out, also if you are in late position and its checked to you, you should always bet

there are occaisions where i might wait till the turn to get aggressive on a drawless board, but most of the time you should just get as many bets in on the flop as possible, people are more likely to call you on the flop than on the turn

also depending on specific situations, your correct line might change, nothing is set in stone for all situations, but you could use this as a general guideline
Old 10-19-2005, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Bottom Two Pair

with bottom 2 i usually bet out in an unraised pot. if its raised preflop and you have good relative position to the raiser, check raise is usually the best option. your hand is very vulnerable even on a completely drawless board. betting out gives an oponent with top pair only like 4-1. slowplaying bottom 2 pair is a huge mistake.