Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2002, 04:44 PM

Default Filling Up

If you hold 33 and flop a set, your odds of finding a full house at the turn are about 6:1, and about 3.5:1 at the river. If you're against three or more opponents and the flop comes, say, A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] , and then a 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] lands on the turn, would it be correct to reduce your outs since three of the community cards are in the "playing zone," and thus make it more likely that some of your outs are taken?
Old 12-02-2002, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Filling Up

Yes, but on that flop, if you need to fill up, you will lose even if you do.

Craig
Old 12-02-2002, 05:55 PM

Change the problem so that all four board cards (at the turn) are of the same suit.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:30 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
would it be correct to reduce your outs since three of the community cards are in the "playing zone," and thus make it more likely that some of your outs are taken?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean "Should I reduce my outs because those cards may be in someone else's hand?"

No, unless there was something unusual about the pre-flop play. If the AQ9 had been babies unstead, would it be correct to reduce your outs because they might have been folded?

Even though the cards that are currently in people's hands are not random, the cards that were originally dealt are random.

If the question was "should I reduce my outs becuase they may make someone else a better full house?", then the
Old 12-03-2002, 06:54 PM

Default No

First off, your assuming that you're not ahead here. You need to tell me the pre-flop and flop action, number of players, type of players, etc. before I can tell you the likelyhood of 2 pair.