Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-23-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Pstars FPP musings

Alright so its what, 1fpp per raked hand? and at platinum status you are getting 150% bonus of Fpps? so 2.5 per raked hand?

Assuming the travel gift cert is redeemable as cash... (is it?) you're looking at what, $500 for 12k raked hands of play at platinum status mid-limit? I don't know, is this right?
Old 12-23-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Pstars FPP musings

It looks right to me but I don't think you'll be able to just turn the gift cards in for cash.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:31 PM

Not every raked hand gets you a FPP.

A FPP's worth 1.6 cents.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:48 PM

I so badly want to move over to Stars, but can't justify it with rakeback elsewhere. This new VIP program is MUCH better than what was going on before, but it still doesn't cut it vs. the rakeback.

The funny thing is I don't think I would have any problem hitting the Platinum level on a regular basis, and I still don't think it makes sense to switch over. Right now I'm getting about 18-20,000 hands per month at 5/10, figure 75% of those are raked (I need to check my PT to see if this is accurate), which would get me about 13-14,000 FPPs per month. (with the 150% multiplier it comes out to 32,000 FPP's per month!)

If you look at the stuff in the VIP FPP store, it looks like 32,000 FPP's (my monthly take) would equal roughly $600.

Figure that vs. $650-700 per month in rakeback and I still can't see justify switching over. Why take a limited selection of stuff from the FPP store when I can just get the equivalent cash?

I need to do some more homework on this to see what makes sense. Maybe I'll play a month at Stars after the first of the year and see how I make out.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:52 PM

I'm in the same boat as GretasGun

If there was an easy way to transfer FPP into cash, I'd be at Stars in a second.

But I play limit poker to pay my bills, I have little interest in nice televisions I don't need, or no limit tournament entries.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:18 PM

You have to factor in that Stars rake is markedly lower than Absolute, UB, and wherever else you can get rakeback. However, at the limits where it's most pronounced, you're not getting any apprciable FPP's. By 5/10, the diff. isn't that big. Hopefully they'll do some adjusting of prices in their store (like the $2500 travel card that costs more than 5 $500 cards). They're also putting out boatloads of freerolls for VIP's that at least bear a passing resemblance to cash, but if you're a ring limit player, they don't have as much value compared to a tourney player. I don't think they can match cold hard cash, but it was a decent effort.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to factor in that Stars rake is markedly lower than Absolute, UB, and wherever else you can get rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

For no-limit the rake is the same at all of those sites .05/1.00.

Rakeback and bonuses on other sites are better than no rakeback and very infrequent bonuses on stars.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:29 AM

Some thoughts from me:

Anyone else notice that the Travel gift certs say they can't be used for multiple trips? That might be nice if you get the balance back in cash, but I'm betting the travel company just eats any extra.

The "Concierge Service" looks almost as good as cash, as long as you want something $3000+. Maybe I could get Stars to remodel my house.

The ability to buy into preliminary WSOP events is pretty nice.

The poker tables look like they'd be pretty nice once refelted.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:54 AM

Sweet! I just need 930,000 FPPs to get this watch.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not every raked hand gets you a FPP.

A FPP's worth 1.6 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

AN fpp.