Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 09:12 AM

Default easy fold or reasonable call?

Villian is loose passive.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

River: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP folds.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 12-21-2005, 09:31 AM

Default Re: easy fold or reasonable call?

You should call here. I shouldn't bet here allthough. Most of the time you will only be called by better hands. It's better to choose for a check call. You also could induce a bluff by then.
I shouldn't bet the flop eather. You can't protect you hand here so you should wait for turn to bet or raise.

Greetz, Surf
Old 12-21-2005, 09:42 AM

I am really not sure, it looks to me like a flush / turned straight. But then why wouldn't he have raised the turn with a straight. Not all players are clever hey.

I would definitely not check/call. There is nothing a loose passive will bet into you that you beat here. I don't think you should ever check into a loose passive with a hand that will beat most of Buttons holdings until he raises.

Bet/fold or Bet/call. I am not sure yet though. would he play 8-x in this fashion? He is passive so he wouldn't bluff raise this river after MP calls I think.

He is passive, so would he think his 8-x is good?

True
Old 12-21-2005, 11:23 AM

turbomuck that

pots protected and hes passive
Old 12-21-2005, 11:39 AM

I'd probably play it the same way you did. Unless your opponents are very laggy, QQ is good given this river card enough times, considering the preflop action. I think not betting this river is generally a mistake in this situation.

The river raise would indicate to me that button either has the flush or a smaller pocket pair. I bet call it also, and get ready to wave bye bye to the pot.

(If I were running badly, I'd check call the river, but I don't think this is the right play.)
Old 12-21-2005, 11:53 AM

easy river fold, you are good about 0% of the time here

a passive player raised a 3flush, 4straight river card after a bet, call
Old 12-21-2005, 11:56 AM

I don't see a loose/passive bluff raising 2 people on the river. I would fold.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should call here. I shouldn't bet here allthough. Most of the time you will only be called by better hands. It's better to choose for a check call. You also could induce a bluff by then.
I shouldn't bet the flop eather. You can't protect you hand here so you should wait for turn to bet or raise.

Greetz, Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

um if you check its to check/fold, check/call is easily the worst river option against passive players, they bet hands that beat you, check with some that beat you, and the ones you beat .. you are crushed when they bet

and wow about the flop, you NEED to bet this, yeah a gutshot is going to get odds to peel, but they won't have odds on the turn, and giving Kx, or Ax a free shot to catch a pair is pretty bad
Old 12-21-2005, 11:59 AM

I think you can fold this river. Sure you get nice odds but do you really win this often enough after a call and then a raise by a passive opponent?
I dont think a passiv player is raising the river with a single pair after MP's call often enough.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold

[/ QUOTE ]