Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-21-2005, 05:07 AM

Default bad river spot vs maniac AQs 5/10

SB is a 55/35 LAG
BTN is 47/10

couple hands earlier SB donked into me with 2ndpair weak kicker, but slowed down after being raised on the flop.

BTN seemed to make loose flop calls, but folded a lot of turns and rivers

so I have the feeling this turn c/r is a big hand most of the time, but getting 15/1 on the river means I only need the best hand ~7% of the time

good flop raise?
turn bet?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: bottomset is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">bottomset raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">bottomset raises</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">bottomset bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, bottomset calls, Button calls.

River: (14 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, bottomset calls?
Old 12-21-2005, 05:14 AM

Default Re: bad river spot vs maniac AQs 5/10

Button looks like a missed flush draw but could be a calling station with a K. SB has a huge range here, and I think you are going to be good more than 1/16 here, so I would call and obviously fold to a button raise.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:49 AM

Even if SB wasn't a LAG I think this is a call. There is a good portion of the time that he has Q5 here. BTW, your flop raise and turn bet is cool too.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:11 AM

If BT has a K (or something else that we can't beat) 20% of the time here, then the question is whether we have SB beat 1-12 times. I think we do. There are 2 flush draws and an OESD for JT non of which hit on the river. Also Q5 is in hit range we have that beat now.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:01 AM

this looks good to me.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:43 AM

I would call and expect to be shown a K.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:38 AM

Well, you already know my thoughts, but it's misleading to call him a maniac in the title. You've told everyone here that he's slowed down AFAYK when you've responded with aggression and it's not like he put in 4 bets on the flop, 3 on the turn and 2 on the river with AT on a QT882 board.

His move is generally a sign of uberstrength. It could be a big draw (JTh) but seems more like a turned better hand unless you think he's a bluff bet-caller bluff checkraiser bluff river bettor (into two opponents).

I'd be interested if anyone thought about what range of hands he is going to be having in a situation like this.