Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Encouraging your table to stall in a tourney (long....as usual)

I'm currently in a party ferrari freerole satellite that passes on 200 to next stage. It has been a stallathon for a good 2 hours since we got down to 400 people. Now down to 202 and still no hand-for-hand. Very poor tournament software design.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Encouraging your table to stall in a tourney (long....as usual)

yeah. i agree that their choices of when to make it hand-for-hand could stand improvement.

Same goes with stars tourneys and satellites too.
the times that they don't go hand-for-hand when they clearly should/could (because every table is stalling) are numerous.

At least Stars now disables all chat (players and observers well) before getting to that bubble-stage...which I believe is to counter 'team-stalling' strategies such as what I encountered.

If you are going to be playing a long tourney like that then you just have to prepared for all the stalling that is likely to take place.
A couple ways I get myself through it include:
1. multi-tabling
2. surfing 2+2

There is one benefit of tourneys going to hand-for-hand at inappropriate times and that has to do with other players being put on tilt.

When I was playing lots of MTT's on Empire in an effort to build up my e-points I saw this a lot.

20 players in a satellite...1st place gets the seat. 2nd place gets nothing.
It goes to hand-for-hand right from the very first hand..which is, of course, ridiculous.

Lots of players would get EXTREMELY upset and frustrated with the bad decision to go to hand-for-hand and that point and would even TELL YOU that they are so ticked off at the tourney, there is no point to playing when it's going to be so slow, and then start showing that they are serious about it when they show you their J4o all-in's while they are begging for someone to knock them out.

So just deal with the stalling or hand-for-hand slowness as best you can. and if that takes playing another table or two so that you feel you are using your time better than do that.