Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-12-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Adam Morrison

I have seen Morrison play in about 30+ games over the past 3 years (a few live but most on TV). Game after game I am very impressed with some of the shots he makes. He will throw up a shot where you are "that is a terrible shot" but the thing is he makes them and has consistently done so for a long time now.

Given, the 3 pointer to win the game on Saturday was a lucky bank shot but lucky or not he does seem to make them. Little running shots in the lane with 2 hands in his face? The always seem to go in. Fade aways on the baseline? They go in.

I believe Morrison is the best offensive player in college basketball right now. Not sure if he is the best overall player though when you include rebounding, defense, passing, etc but he is in the argument.

BTW, he isn't a very good poker player. I have played with him and a couple of the other Gonzaga players a few times and none of them are all that good at the card table.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:34 PM

"Given, the 3 pointer to win the game on Saturday was a lucky bank shot but lucky or not he does seem to make them. Little running shots in the lane with 2 hands in his face? The always seem to go in. Fade aways on the baseline? They go in."

This was what I've taken away from watching him. He gets off shots that look like they should be bad shots, but are actually good, which makes him impossible to guard. You play perfect and force him into what seems like a horrible shot, but he has the touch and skill to hit it anyway.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Redick is more clutch than Morrison

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about Morrison, but I don't think Redick is particularly clutch at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a bit of support from truthaboutduke.com (which is a great site)

http://www.truthaboutduke.com/encyc.php?encycid=42