Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: AJ

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I almost never C-bet against 2+ players... leak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Small leak. CB'ing vs. 2 villians is still +EV. You shouldn't do it every time, but look for your spots. And this is a great spot. One broadway on the flop, drawless flop, and they both have checked to you. Picture perfect CB situation agst 2 villians.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice post. CB against multiple callers is one problem I have as well. Example yesterday 4 handed, I raise button w KJ and all 4 call, we check down AQxxx and 22 take the pot. He probably have check fold button on all the time. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that that's a nh rachel. CB'ing vs 3+ villians is -EV. You run the risk of someone c/c'ing a weak A in your spot. I usually spike a Ten on the turn in your spot, but you're probably not that good yet. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I almost never C-bet against 2+ players... leak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Small leak. CB'ing vs. 2 villians is still +EV. You shouldn't do it every time, but look for your spots. And this is a great spot. One broadway on the flop, drawless flop, and they both have checked to you. Picture perfect CB situation agst 2 villians.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice post. CB against multiple callers is one problem I have as well. Example yesterday 4 handed, I raise button w KJ and all 4 call, we check down AQxxx and 22 take the pot. He probably have check fold button on all the time. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that that's a nh rachel. CB'ing vs 3+ villians is -EV. You run the risk of someone c/c'ing a weak A in your spot. I usually spike a Ten on the turn in your spot, but you're probably not that good yet. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I hate ace high flop after I raise PF. Since I dont have the pattern map that u got, the next best option is move 95% of my chips in to price me in for the gut draw and put those monkey on serious tilt if I hit. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: AJ *DELETED*

CB = ?
Old 12-07-2005, 03:03 PM

Continuation Bet. (ie. Bet the flop after have raised preflop even though the flop missed you)
Old 12-07-2005, 03:20 PM

Duh, thanks.

OP - You raise one coldcaller 6x the BB and get cold called in two spots. I agree with the CBet, because now where are you when the A falls on the turn - happy that SB thinks you're weak? At that point I too agree with the calldown as it appears you have a simpleton convinced his KQo is good. Still I don't like this spot for 1/3 my stack.

Then again I wouldn't get myself involved 6x the BB PF with AJs.

Results?
Old 12-07-2005, 04:07 PM

I usually raise 4BB + 1 per limper... but this table kept on cold calling raises with crap hands so I thought 6BB was good here.

Anyways, results: Villain had AK.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:11 PM

I agree. I would bet about 1/2 to 3/4 pot here and expect to take it down most of the time.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Theoretical question, does anyone fold if MP calls villians river bet, meaning hero would have to overcall?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would call either way. Would prob fold to a raise though...
Old 12-07-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually raise 4BB + 1 per limper... but this table kept on cold calling raises with crap hands so I thought 6BB was good here.

Anyways, results: Villain had AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your raise range seems good, I just don't care for AJs in this spot. I like it even less if raises are getting little respect. You know that MP open raiser must have something he likes(better than AJs?), but you have no clue what SB has because you did his raising for him(he coldcalled 11 SB's from the worst position)... and then you "told" him on the turn that his AK was a near lock. Anyway, you call off 1/4 of your stack on the river hoping he turns over what?

I'm new at this "analyzing other people's hands" stuff... my bottom line is this: In NL AJs is a piece of cheese is more spots than not.

Sorry about the results on this one.

-TripKings