Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 10-21-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: 44 from the BB in a $555 Stars Turbo

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I assume you're sober now.

SO ANSWER MY QUESTION DAMNIT!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

you dumb fucker, you didn't tel me they were all sitting out last night.

push every hand you're first in.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Well my connection wasn't all that spectacular either.

I will comment on what ended up transpiring at the table after this hand in a bit. But I'm still interested in what players would do. So far everyone has been waffling on the answer but seems to think it's clear cut and/or obvious.

You all need to sack up and say what you'd do and why.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I happen to think it is clear cut and therefore I am not waffling...I would fold and go into steal mode. You said yourself there are a bunch of ghosts at the table so why are you battling a mortal when there is so much dead money for the taking?

Furthermore! EVEN IF there were no players sitting out and everyone was "live", I would fold in this situation because it is a -EV call plain and simple.

How is that waffling?

The only possible scenario I could dream up that would make this is a call is the rare situation where you felt you were about to lose your own connection and needed a double up to survive the other dead stacks into the money (or if the whole tournament would be called off but the prize moeney would be distributued according to stack size). But these scenarios are so far fetched I shouldnt have put them to writing.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:58 PM

If you think your connection can hold on for a little, just fold this. Then you can most likely fold/steal your way into the money.

If you don't think your connection will hold, call and hope to double up. That way, even if your connection drops, you have a chance of outlasting the other players sitting out.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
partial internet meltdown

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was having a hard time actually being able to see my hand and act as my internet kept going in and out

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Every hand was taking forever...

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...in a (whatever) Stars Turbo

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yugo (t1530)

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yugo is BB with 4c, 4d

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugo calls.

In addition to the "yeah, you have a pair", "prob a coin toss", etc. -- which I think are valid pro-call arguements (though I fold in a heart-beat usually), you have this:

With these problems, in a turbo, your 7.5bb's will soon be <3bb's - possibly within the next orbit.

PS can be pretty slow to recognize disconnects. General slow connectivity etc., will not stop the tourney clock. This could very well be the best chance you get to get a head of the pack/blinds to avoid a pending "push/call any 2"
Old 10-21-2005, 04:03 PM

I would fold if you think your connection is good enough that you will be able to go all in on future hands and steal from players sitting out. The only way I can see calling is if your connection was too poor to do this or that you thought there was a good chance of the internet going down completely for everyone or yourself. As chip leader after a win if the connection went down afterwards youd win by default.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

I will comment on what ended up transpiring at the table after this hand in a bit. But I'm still interested in what players would do. So far everyone has been waffling on the answer but seems to think it's clear cut and/or obvious.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

More reason to fold...I dont think having to make -EV plays because of a PS server problem should be a part of a strategy. This happens often and I just play the same way I normally would and then write to support afterward until I get a full refund.

No way with half the table out that you should have to gamble...they owe you 555....done!
Old 10-21-2005, 04:36 PM

I fold. If reversed and I was on button w/ 44 I push. Wouldn't it be better for you to push during the next two hands if folded to you? You are all about equal in chip stacks this is not a good opportunity. Besides, if he is pushing any 2 they are likely over cards to your hand, he also could be pushing a pocket pair (of which only 2 you dominate)... so if you show down, at best you are a slight favorite, and you're very likely dominated with any pair 5+
Old 10-21-2005, 04:39 PM

I TOLD YOU WHAT TO DO 10 HOURS AGO! IM ALSO IN EVERYBODY!

dam this inbread forum...
Old 10-21-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's me sacking up.

Calling is moronic. Folding is smart.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:35 AM

I don't think we can make decisions based on our internet connectivity, so I vote fold.

But, here's a question for the rest of you loons: what would you call with here?

my 2 cents, since thats all I can give to a $555 turbo [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will comment on what ended up transpiring at the table after this hand in a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I've been waiting for a week now with bated breath to find out what transpired in this hand. And don't give me any crap about "I spent two days with big bootied scrippas shakin' it and me - I need time to recover."

Let's hear it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]