Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 3 - Eight vs. Nine
The Last Boy Scout (8) 68 45.64%
The Running Man (9) 81 54.36%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2005, 04:38 AM

Default Walking down stairs: Do you look?

I have a hard time not looking down at the stairs as I'm descending a flight. Holding one's head up is better posture and seems more elegant. I can do it, but it slows me down. Thoughts? Flames? Banned?
Old 10-18-2005, 04:39 AM

Default Re: Walking down stairs: Do you look?

Mostly look up with a few glances down.

Ponks
Old 10-18-2005, 04:56 AM

Ban him. Polltard.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:59 AM

This question should be:
Would you rather watch where you are going, or tumble down on your ass?
Old 10-18-2005, 05:02 AM

I always walk around with my head down, looking at the floor.

Sure i look stupid, but the floor entertains me as much as my surroundings. Andd i don't fall down stairs.

However, i trip going up my stairs, far too often.. i get overzealous and think i can vault up them too manyn at a tiem.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:05 AM

This depends on the incline of stairs/surface/size of step/level of intoxication etc.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:31 AM

If you ever get a chance to see the beginning of Hawaii Five-O, watch Jack Lord speed-walk down the stairs.

He does it really fast, without looking. I always thought that was very cool, and eventually learned how to do it myself. It's hard to describe, and I can't do it now as well as I could, because I used to be the flawless stair master, like my guru Jack Lord, and that's a high standard to maintain indeed. But anyway, you can get into a rhythm of doing it that's quite safe, involving basically little more than kicking your feet out in front of you rapidly while maintaining forward momentum. The stairs just rise up to meet them and then fall away behind. Get good at it and you can do it blur fast, like machine gun fire or tap dancing, without ever looking or feeling at all unsafe.

It's pretty cool to do and see, but it's a little bit tricky to learn because you have to take a chance on falling to get comfortable with it. Kind of like riding a bike is hard and a bit scary to do when you first learn it, because you have to surrender to the possibility of a painful fall if you want to master it. It's quite a time saver though, so well worth learning. You'll fly down the steps.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you ever get a chance to see the beginning of Hawaii Five-O, watch Jack Lord speed-walk down the stairs.

He does it really fast, without looking. I always thought that was very cool, and eventually learned how to do it myself. It's hard to describe, and I can't do it now as well as I could, because I used to be the flawless stair master, like my guru Jack Lord, and that's a high standard to maintain indeed. But anyway, you can get into a rhythm of doing it that's quite safe, involving basically little more than kicking your feet out in front of you rapidly while maintaining forward momentum. The stairs just rise up to meet them and then fall away behind. Get good at it and you can do it blur fast, like machine gun fire or tap dancing, without ever looking or feeling at all unsafe.

It's pretty cool to do and see, but it's a little bit tricky to learn because you have to take a chance on falling to get comfortable with it. Kind of like riding a bike is hard and a bit scary to do when you first learn it, because you have to surrender to the possibility of a painful fall if you want to master it. It's quite a time saver though, so well worth learning. You'll fly down the steps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg, you've set a high standard for yourself, but this was your best post ever. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 07:40 AM

Yea i look down almost all the time. I really hate when your moving stuff down stairs and you cannot see the stairs below your feet. I always feel like im going to fall.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Blarg, you've set a high standard for yourself, but this was your best post ever. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Blarg, you need this as your avatar...