Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: what do i do about this ticket?

[ QUOTE ]
it also says "vehicles with unsettled notices may be removed from property at the owners/operators expense." does this mean if i don't pay i'll be fine as long as i don't do it again?

[/ QUOTE ]

If your reading comprehension is this bad, college may not be for you.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:11 PM

please explain clearly what was wrong with my comprehension of that

sir, i believe you, actually, cannot comprehend what i've said
Old 10-06-2005, 07:12 PM

i came inside to put my things away, made a call that lasted 8 minutes, then went back outside and had a new ticket

what i expected would happen was absolutely nothing and that i'd move it in a few minutes when i went back
Old 10-06-2005, 07:14 PM

the thing is i'm not sure if they link the car to me or not -- for all they know, it could be a parent parking it there or they might not even know it was anyone associated with me
Old 10-06-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the thing is i'm not sure if they link the car to me or not -- for all they know, it could be a parent parking it there or they might not even know it was anyone associated with me

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally, the registered owner of a car is respnsible for paying parking tickets, regardless of who actually parked it. If that isn't you, and you never take the car on campus again, maybe you can get away with not paying it, but I wouldn't count on it. If you are the registered owner, I'm sure they will hold degrees and transcripts until you pay. OTOH, maybe they will turn it over to the city, county or state. Generally, if a city issues a parking ticket, and you don't pay it, they will boot the car or impound it. I would follow others' suggestions to pay the first, appeal the second. They might drop the second, but if they want to be bastards, they could make the case that you knew you were in violation when you saw the first ticket and failed to move the car. Most likely, not taking care of the tickets will cost you more than paying them.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
according to the ticket, they have to be paid or appealed within 10 days and invalid appeals get charged another $10. it also says "vehicles with unsettled notices may be removed from property at the owners/operators expense." does this mean if i don't pay i'll be fine as long as i don't do it again?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It means if you don't pay the tickets, and you park on campus again, legally or otherwise, they will tow the car to an impound lot, and if you want it back, you will have to pay the tickets, plus towing charges, plus storage charges, i.e. probably 4 or 5 times what it would have cost you to just pay the tickets.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
according to the ticket, they have to be paid or appealed within 10 days and invalid appeals get charged another $10. it also says "vehicles with unsettled notices may be removed from property at the owners/operators expense." does this mean if i don't pay i'll be fine as long as i don't do it again?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It means if you don't pay the tickets, and you park on campus again, legally or otherwise, they will tow the car to an impound lot, and if you want it back, you will have to pay the tickets, plus towing charges, plus storage charges, i.e. probably 4 or 5 times what it would have cost you to just pay the tickets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:51 PM

It's official

OP falls into the catagory of "not too bright"

I was going to give him "naive", but he blew that one.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You better call the

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and ask them if they can bring a waaaaahmburger and some French cries! Then you can wash it down with a Whineken! Roofles
Old 10-07-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should have never taken the first ticket off the car until you were going to move it. They wouldnt have put the 2nd ticket there if they saw the first one.

When I was at UCLA i had a friend who got a ticket once and kept it in his glove box so whenever he parked in a campus lot without a permit he just put the old ticket up there and nobody gave him a 2nd one.

[/ QUOTE ]

This worked a few times for me, but then it failed. I set some kind of record for parking tickets my first semester at Southwest Missouri State.