Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2005, 11:36 AM

Default What Everyone Needs after a 72 BB Downswing

Just a little background about myself....I started playing online in late July so it's been almost exactly 6 months ago that I started playing. To date I've been extremely lucky and haven't had any huge downswings like 200BB like alot of 2+2ers have been unfortunate to have (I know my time is coming [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

About 2-3 weeks ago I was working off the $200 Empire bonus and I had my worst downswing of 72bb (I know alot wouldn't even call this a downswing) but for me it put a little dent into my confidence.

I do know that over those hands I was sucked out on by 2-4 outters on the river 2-3 times more than normal. I knew I was playing the hands correctly but just having some bad luck.

Anyhow, the last day of clearing the Empire bonus I did have a small win of about 25BB which got a little bit of my confidence back. I've then been busy with work and haven't had a chance to play until Saturday (haven't played in about 2 weeks prior to this). I had 2400 raked hands at Party to play by Wednesday night to receive $300 in bonues. I had family coming to visit on Monday so I knew I better get in a ton of hands on Saturday so I sat down at 3pm and 3 tabled f$0.50/$1 for a little over 9 hours.

Being that I hadn't played in about 2 weeks and that I recently had that 72BB downswing I really needed a good run to boost my confidence. Let's just say that I had the best run of cards I've ever seen in the 6 months I've been playing. Even though this 1 day run was only about 1500 hands I needed it. I know the sample size is too small and nothing can be drawn from the stats but I'll take the final results any day of the week.

I've included my results for those 1503 hands below. I know that my VPIP was a little low, VPISB was extremely low, and W$@ SD is way too high but again this is a very small sample. I was just so happy that I wanted to post the result so there's not alot of real content here...sorry

Old 01-30-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: What Everyone Needs after a 72 BB Downswing

Congrats Buddy.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:43 AM

Thanks. I just might know how to play this game afterall, lol. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To date I've been extremely lucky

[/ QUOTE ]
Lucky. In my first 10k hands at .5/1 I had downswings of 125, 100, 80 and several over 50. Still have yet to have that big of an upswing, biggest was 125 so congrats.

After 6 months your still at .5/1? After 5 months of starting at .05/.1 I am at 1/2 6max thinking about moving up to 2/4 in the next month.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To date I've been extremely lucky

[/ QUOTE ]
Lucky. In my first 10k hands at .5/1 I had downswings of 125, 100, 80 and several over 50. Still have yet to have that big of an upswing, biggest was 125 so congrats.

After 6 months your still at .5/1? After 5 months of starting at .05/.1 I am at 1/2 6max thinking about moving up to 2/4 in the next month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I have about 35K hands at 0.50/1 with a WR of slighly over 4BB/100 hands. I should have moved up a long time ago but I guess I'm a big P****, lol. I just like the fact that I know no matter how bad a downswing I have there's pretty much no way I won't make money after I clear a bonus. For me alot of the time I play poker is just for the enjoyment so the limit I play doesn't matter alot to me. However, I would like to move to 1/2 or 2/4 just to see how I fare as I'm naturally a competitive person and I would want to eventually be playing against the very best players.