Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2004, 11:00 AM

Default Vegas over the weekend AND does the Mirage have rooms with wi-fi????

Going to be back in Vegas this weekend (until tues actually) - it's been waaaaaaaaay too long...

We're staying at the Mirage again but I've never even asked if they have broadband or wi-fi available in the hotel. I'll probably have to do a 'little' work this trip and was hoping that they had the hookup - anyone know?

If they don't have anything - anyone know where the closest place is that does - ie; coffee shop, etc...

Also - anyone played at any of the nearby card rooms recently that has any commentary? (Harrah's, Imp Palace, etc...?)

We've got some first-timer friends going this time - Is the Excalibur 1-3 game usually running? This would be a good start for them as well as a great opportunity to get hammered and fling some chips. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-17-2004, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Vegas over the weekend AND does the Mirage have rooms with wi-fi????

Just a thought...you could call the toll free number to the hotel [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2004, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Vegas over the weekend AND does the Mirage have rooms with wi-fi????

According to their site, they offer "dual phone lines for convenient Internet access". That sounds like a resounding "no"...

http://www.mirage.com/pages/accom_rooms.asp
Old 12-18-2004, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Vegas over the weekend AND does the Mirage have rooms with wi-fi??

Don't know about Mirage rooms - we stayed at Bally's and they had in-room ethernet hookups.

By all means play at Excal - 1/3 usually running in the afternoon/evening from what I could tell, just make sure you don't end up at a table with all locals like I did (left as soon as I realized it).
Old 12-18-2004, 01:34 PM

Default They have standard $10/day broadband in room

I was there last weekend.