Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 09:21 AM

Default Re: UltimateBet 50% up to $100 Holiday Reload Bonus

[ QUOTE ]
I did this on my last UB bonus (the one prior to the Thanksgiving bonus, which I haven't even started on yet). I would start tables, as you earn double points. Downside is, you need to either (1) be a good SH player or (2) be willing to work on your SH game and take on the increased variance. Some nights, this was great. Other nights, it was a nightmare. Admittedly, I'm not the best (or even a good) SH player. I decided to go this route for reason #2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Learning a good SH game is a good thing. I have learned much playing SH at Crypto, which I do as I wait for a seat on the 10 seat tables. I've gotten good, so maybe I should start accepting those Crypto Prop offers for some heads up learning.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The difference between UB and Paradise at 1/2 is negligable in speed if you start the tables.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried that before, and I found out I suck horribly at heads up. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2004, 02:28 PM

i like the incremental bonus structure of UB as well, but other people are right in that this is offset by the lower amount of bonus "points" once receives playing UB compared to just about every other poker site except Pacific (aka poker hell). If you calculate the number of hands and rake contribution required to earn X amount of bonus dollars an hour at UB - let's say $1/2 fixed limit full ring games for example - you'll find that it is only 50% of the earnings rate of pokerroom, absolute and paradise, and only *25%* compared to party poker, interpoker and poker plex.

one possible reason why UB points are awarded more frugally is because ultimate points themselves can be wagered and accumulated through live play in addition to being redeemed for the usual site promotions such as tournament entries and branded merchandise. just like $1 is theoretically worth more than $1 to a good poker player who knows how and when to bet it, one ultimate point can be considered to be worth more than its face value (roughly 1/2 of one cent) if invested wisely.

of course there are plenty of other factors besides bonus rates when it comes to picking which poker site to play at, and I certainly like playing UB and free money is free money no matter how you slice it. But I will say that I do tend to work off bonuses on many other sites first, before I go back for my next visit to UB.