Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 10-08-2004, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Card Rooms in Minneapolis?

I think I am headed out there after work today. I'll probably try for a $4/8 game. I've got on bluejeans and a plain green T-shirt. Should be there around 5:30 which means I will probably have about a half hour wait.

Ryan
Old 10-08-2004, 12:54 PM

I should be out there tonight and/or Saturday night. My name is Matt, and I'll most likely be in the $4/$8 game. Look for a 6'5" 19 year old, slightly shaggy brown hair, I'll have cargo shorts on and either a blue nike shirt or a gray UW La Crosse shirt. Schneids would be able to point me out, and Andy B would be able to if he remembers what I look like from our meeting on Wednesday.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:29 PM

You think I was drunk or something?
Old 10-08-2004, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You think I was drunk or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. Just that we only met once briefly, so I didn't want to assume that you could pick me out there.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:41 PM

Good times at Canterbury!!

I met up with a few 2+2's at the 4/8 game and had a great time. The cards were treating me well early on (up nearly 25 BB's in 2.5 hours) but I went card dead late and wasn't able to scoop a pot for several hours so I basically pissed back all my profit and then some. Good time though - I knew I should have left when I got up $170 bucks. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The $80k jackpot hit 2 tables over while I was there - so that was slightly exciting.

I thought the room was nice and very well run. Several people commented on how the lists were short for a friday night and I thought so as well. What I thought was funny was that the 3/6 list grew to 25+ people while the 4/8 list had less than 5 at the same time. The 2/4 list was half way down the board by 10pm. 2/4 with a $5 rake. Ouch.

Really enjoyed it though. Minnesota is beautiful this time of year. The leaves are changing and the temprature is a very mild 70ish and sunny. I had a chance to check out the Mall of America on my way back to the airport on saturday. I'm not easily impressed when it comes to malls - but that place is pretty amazing.

Hopefully, I see all of you again soon. Take care!
Old 10-10-2004, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The $80k jackpot hit 2 tables over while I was there - so that was slightly exciting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you remember what table you were playing at? I was playing at a $4/$8 table nearby the jackpot table when it went off too. Didn't even realize you were playing by me if you were. Schneids and Gonores were both behind me for a round or two after they cashed out before I cashed out as well. So they would've been there also. Andy B also stopped by while I was at that table.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:30 PM

I believe it was table 23. It was 2 tables closer to the board in the same row as the 30-60 game. NoChance was playing at the same table for most of the night and stayed after I left at around 11:30pm. There were a couple other 2+2's who said they were 'lurkers' and I don't remember their board names.

For most of the night, the table was exceptionally good. I went on an almost 3 hour run of losing with top 2 pair, etc... that hurt me. In almost 9 hours of play, I never flopped a set nor did I hit a flush draw. It was frustrating to not be up when I left - it was one of the best tables I have ever played at with 4-5+ routinely seeing the flop and a showdown at least 80% of the time.

Another thing that blew me away there was that you only had to be 18 to play. I was one of the 8 or so players that started a table at around 3 and two of the guy sitting next to me had come straight from high school to play. Nice kids though...
Old 10-10-2004, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another thing that blew me away there was that you only had to be 18 to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, you dont think us teenagers should get to go take the fishies money at the B&M too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] And you should be glad they are allowed to play because most are pretty bad altho maybe slightly better than the average 40yr old cbury fish.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:08 PM

Yes, we were at table 23. I ended leaving at 4 AM. I ended up plus $270. The last couple hours we ended up playing 7-8 handed until the table broke.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:31 AM

Sort of looked for you. Oh well. You can introduce yourself when you move here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Just remember how beautiful the weather is now when January rolls around....

I think it is absolutely disgusting how that place is corrupting Minnesota's youth. They should be devoting their time to more noble pursuits such as drink and sex. Not necessarily in that order. Well, if some of them can figure out that gambling ain't for them when they're 18 rather than later in life when it can do some real damage, maybe it ain't so bad. Thing that gets me is seeing a group of six or eight of them come in together. Y'all couldn't have a game in a dorm room or something?