Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-19-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: picking out an suv

This is America, and we can do what the F*ck we want. If you want to buy a SUV, that's your choice.

If you choose to drive a Geo Metro to work while crying listening to Tori Amos--I don't care. It's your choice. Don't try to push it on everyone else.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

SUVs are entirely pointless. They can do 70% of what a light truck can do, and they cost more because you are buying into a wonderful, absolutely [censored] pointless brand image. Barnum would be proud.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong. I've owned all 3. A car, a truck (two actually) and now an SUV. I got an SUV because it does all of what I want. A truck is nice because I can haul stuff around and tow things and what not, and is great for off roading. but it sucks when it comes to having more than 1 friend and wanting to go someplace, or carrying groceries, and many other everyday little tasks.

A car is nice because it does a lot of stuff a truck cant do. You can drive with more than 1 other person. Youve got some room to carry stuff with out having to put it in the bed. But it has obvious limitations, which are pretty much all the pros of the truck.

Enter the SUV. It does everything a car and a truck can do. It might not do them as good as each one, but you CAN actually do both. I can still go off roading, and carry home 4x8s from home depot. I can also fit comfortably 4 othe people in my ride when we go somewhere. I can put my dogs in the back without getting dog hair over all my seats, or having to worry about them jumping out. I can carry both my bikes AND a ton of stuff at the same time. and about a billion other things you cant do with just a car, or just a truck.

I didnt buy one so that I could fit in with some image. I bought one because it was the best choice given all the things I like to do.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:14 PM

Planning on climbing any mountains? WTF do you need an SUV for? Please help elevate the overall intelligence ofthe American People and stfu with any more talk of buying an SUV.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:20 PM

Dude, that Toyota monstrosity is going to take over from the Honda Element as the official Uglymobile.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am going to wait for the 07 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take shits that look more impressive than that.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Planning on climbing any mountains? WTF do you need an SUV for? Please help elevate the overall intelligence ofthe American People and stfu with any more talk of buying an SUV.

[/ QUOTE ]

note, this is for people who buy SUV's for no reason other than to fit in.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:31 PM

chisness - touregs are for chicks. cayenne baby.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am going to wait for the 07 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take shits that look more impressive than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing i give a [censored].
Old 12-19-2005, 06:20 PM

Mazda is rolling out a new SUV next year which looks pretty sweet.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF do you need an SUV for?

[/ QUOTE ]
if you don't mind spending the money on the gas there are actually plenty of reasons to have an SUV, alobar touched on a few and if you had a brain in that pea head of yours you could figure it out.
[ QUOTE ]
are much more likely to be involved in a fatal accident (meaning you kill someone in a sedan).

[/ QUOTE ]
wow. just wow. easy [censored] solutions to this...be a better defensive driver is one. don't drive a [censored] sardine can is another. you seriously act like a [censored] woman.
[ QUOTE ]
SUVs and the dumbasses who buy them are the reason I almost root for the goddamn terrorists now a days.

[/ QUOTE ]
i know its the end of the year but man this ranks up their with some of the stupidest comments of 2005.

believe it or not there are thousands of people that use SUV's responsibly on the road and have them for practical purposes yet you are going to judge them w/o knowing them b/c of something you have fixated in your mind. now that is not "elevating the overall intelligence of the American People" now is it?