Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you agree or disagree
agree 29 47.54%
disagree 32 52.46%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: always car posts, how about a watch?

[ QUOTE ]
make better suggestions then

[/ QUOTE ]

youre in college. you drive a corolla. you want a ~$2900 watch?

my suggestion is to be more realistic w/ your money. i just blue booked your car and it clocks in at $3,475 w/ some reasonable estimates on my part.

just spend a few hundred on watch and don't have your friends make fun of you behind your back.

bwana

PS also if you have any credit card debt the money should go there first before youre talking about dropping 3G on a watch too. that's a no-brainer.

EDIT: PPS and im not advocating spending more on a car either. just be responsible. you dont need to go wave your money around and kill yourself and act like you have it. the harder you try usually means the less you have.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:43 PM

Old 12-15-2005, 09:44 PM

These can be had for about three and a half grand, maybe a little less on Ebay, and you can get a bunch of different colour combinations for face/bracelet etc.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:44 PM

Chisness,

The Rolex President is an old-man's watch. Don't get it. I also don't like the diamonds and such in a watch. Get a nice stainless/two-tone watch. There are some old watches that are quite sweet, and some of those in gold are very nice.

A great watch is the Bulova Curvex. Here's one in Rose gold, which is beautiful and very European. This is a fantastic watch, and a new watch that is equivalent would be well over 1500.

This thing will run for another 100 years. It's a dressy watch, but quite sharp. You can always get a sport watch, too. $450 at Second Time Around.

Another amazing watch is the Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso. They still make them, but they are very expensive. A vintage one is just a beautiful watch, but hard to find. They are really cool because they have two faces and you can flip the watch between a sporty and dressy face. The movement is very complicated.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:36 PM

Chiss, if you already own a Rolex why do you want another? Why not get something different?
Old 12-16-2005, 01:27 AM

bwana,

i appreciate your concern and admit that a cheaper watch is most practical. my logic is that i can still make the most out of a car, while a watch can last forever.

i also admit that i'm spending more than necessary, but am certainly not in debt and wouldn't consider putting myself near debt for a luxury.

the part you mention about the harder you try usually means the less you have is also quite true. sounds like you've been reading some finance books! my plan is to buy this luxury then save literally all of the rest of my money during college, so i don't think i'm going too overboard.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:29 AM

collin,

yes these are probably the most popular luxury watches, but i certainly wouldn't call them ugly! i feel like most of the lesser known brands, whether more or less prestigious, are geared towards far older people for dressier situations.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:30 AM

paluka,

i agree, yellow gold sucks.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:32 AM

russell,

many of their styles are hugely different and for that price range, i haven't found other makes of interest except Panerai, but when i tried these they just didn't seem right.